Fit by 40! Except....

• Hi everyone,

This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm turning 40 on November 27, and I weigh 185 or so right now. I feel awful, I can't run around with my daughter, and I'm exhausted all the time. I hate feeling like this and I want to change. I want to live to see my 5 year old grow up and have babies of her own!

According to my doctor, a healthy weight would be 130, but I think 140 would be attainable and fine. So yesterday I drove over to the YMCA and plunked down a huge chunk of change for a 1 year membership. I never spend money like that. Then I climbed onto the Precor machine and did 25 minutes. I tried some of the weight machines, too, but I felt like a space alien. Must get a book or something.

There was so much I was going to accomplish by 40 and I've done, well, not much of it. My relationship is ending, I don't own a home, my car is falling to pieces, I don't have a job - blah, blah, blah. Maybe I can't fix it all by 40, but each day I can take good steps, not bad.

I got up at 6:00, took a 1.5 mile walk, ate whole grain toast with peanut butter. So why did I just eat a 1/3 cup of chocolate chips right out of the bag?
    Stacy
  • Because it's not only about learning new behaviors, but unlearning some old ones!

What was happening when you ate those chips? Were you tired? Stressed? Hungry? Depressed? Angry at having to change to achieve what you think you want? A lot of us who got fat did so because we used food for more than sustenance- to comfort, entertain, soothe ourselves. Those are the hard behaviors to unlearn. Of course the other lesson here is make sure that there aren't any chips in that cupboard in the first place!

Have big glass of cool water, and get back on the wagon

Mel