exrcise

• i exercise for an hour a day, generally running and riding my bike. I occasionally do a fitness DVD. Are theyre any more suggestions as to what i cna do to change my cycle a bit.

I want to go swimming but I am not comfortable enough with my weight for that yet. Also, Im thinking about kick boxing. Im loosing motivation a little now as I have been religiously dieting and exercising since January and the weight loss has just appeared to stop now.
  • I took an actual kickboxing class, not just a cardio one, for over a year and absolutely loved it!!! Hitting the bags and the hand pads was such a great way to relieve stress!

I also suggest incorporating weights. Muscle burns more calories than fat (as we all know) so throwing some weights in there will build muscle and help you see results better.
  • I've been playing racquetball, and am just starting up squash. I usually play with my SO, but even alone I find them to be a lot of fun and quite good exercise. I really think it is important for exercise to be entertaining so that we want to do it and not rely so much on grim determination to get us off the couch.
  • In the last two weeks I have been doing sit down type exercises and I have lost two inches from the circumference of each of my legs. I hate the way things take so long.
  • hi Loopy,

There's several exercise threads here on 3FC which may give you some excellent ideas

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
  • A bunch of us are reading and studying an ebook called Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto.
    There's nothing new in the book. We've heard it all before but it's sort of set up to teach the intricacies that I feel will help "almost there's" get the rest of the way there.
    He does address losing lots of weight and just ridding your slender body of extra fat.
  • some of my favorites (only ones not yet mentioned)

yoga
    trampoline
    jump rope
    exercise ball (my new friend)
    gardening

I'd say other strength training.. but I haven't learned to love it YET