Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2006, 09:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

My two cents....I think your body may still be adjusting to the smaller amount of energy (ie, calories) that you're feeding it every day. Also, if you're cutting out refined sugar, etc, then it is having to work harder to use the energy you are feeding it (you body works harder converting protein to energy than sugar to energy). I would say as your body gets used to the work it's now having to do just to keep you going, much less the additional excercise, you would start to feel better.

Keep up the good work! Anyone who has lost any weight at all is my inspiration. 3 days in and the scales haven't budged!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi, and welcome.

Since your tracker says that you started out at around 315, and are now about 300-I think you are doing wonderfully.

What I would like to add to this, is that the health benefits will sort of "sneak up" on you. How soon you will start to notice also depends on your diet, your exercise level, and your starting weight. I started feeling better after about 2 months into my plan-I felt stronger, slept better, etc. and then other benefits starting happening a little at a time.

With the improved breathing, if you are continuing with the cardio exercise like you have been doing...I would expect you to feel some improvement in that area in the next 15-20 pounds or so. Part of this "relief" is going to come from the exercise-actually improving your cardio health, and part of it is going to come from the actual pounds that are not weighing your body down as well. (It is much more difficult for a 300 pound woman to walk around the block than it is for a 200 pound woman taking 100 pounds less with her...) As your body starts to get lighter, you will feel more energetic, because you are not carrying so much extra weight with you doing everyday activities.

Diet is a big key, too. The calorie counting is wonderful-but it is also important to check WHAT you are eating as well. I can eat a 400 calorie breakfast-and it can be 2 Pop Tarts (and I can feel like crap in two hours) or I can have some oatmeal, an egg, and some fresh cut up fruit-and I will feel 10x better later in the day. Nutrition is a big key. If you are actually feeding your body properly, then you will feel better. It is like trying running your vehicle on gasoline, or on Coca-Cola.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #18  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Nina

Congratulations on your weight loss! Sounds as if you are well on your way.

As others have said, I have started feeling better gradually... but in the past few weeks and now that I have lost 45 pounds there is a huge difference in how I feel and I can really TELL that I am not packing around nearly as much weight. Still a long way to go for me and I look forward to feeling this more and more! Hang in there... soon you will really feel a difference. The exercise really helps!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil
Diet is a big key, too. The calorie counting is wonderful-but it is also important to check WHAT you are eating as well. I can eat a 400 calorie breakfast-and it can be 2 Pop Tarts (and I can feel like crap in two hours) or I can have some oatmeal, an egg, and some fresh cut up fruit-and I will feel 10x better later in the day. Nutrition is a big key. If you are actually feeding your body properly, then you will feel better. It is like trying running your vehicle on gasoline, or on Coca-Cola.
Oh, I’m totally with you on the nutrition thing. I am still working on perfecting that part though. First and foremost I eat what I call “clean food”. That means as little processed foods as possible. I had actually never been that big on sweets, so that part is not that big of a loss. I still do an occasional treat of a small piece of dessert or a glass of whine, but more like once a week if even that. But cleaning up my savory carbs has been a real challenge. I’ve tried the low-carb plans and those just really don’t work for me. The mental struggle way outweighs any actual weight loss. So I’ve mostly been trying to do more whole grains (like if I have to have pasta, it’s whole wheat, and I introduced some new things to my menu like bulgur wheat and buckwheat), more fruits and vegetables too. Adding more veggies has been difficult too, mostly because I am having a hard time finding a way to make them taste good without adding a bunch of fat and sodium to them. Basically I am counting on a combination of exercise and continuously improving nutrition to get me through to my goal.
I have to tell you, this website has been a godsend so far. It helps me fight my demons, it gives me the tools and the knowledge to apply them and best of all – the people are unbelievably caring and helpful and genuinely compassionate. I wouldn’t be able to go on without all the support I am getting here. So, again, THANK YOU!!!
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:20 PM   #20  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I had one other thought. I had a problem with low iron levels in my blood, I was slightly anemic. Once I started taking iron supplements I felt like I could run around the block! It's not a bad idea to get an overall health checkup to see if you might have something like that.

For veggies, you can try a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. There are salt subsitutes too, like Mrs. Dash.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote