Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #1  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Working out affecting my cycle?

Okay... I've started working out a hour and half 5 days a week, Eating good, at least 1400 calories. I was feeling great (even though the weight isn't moving!) Then my period was a day late, I was okay with that because I'm not always very regular. So the next day it started, but only lasted about two days. That's the shortest it's ever been And it wasn't even a normal one, not to be gross, so I won't go into details.

Anyways. I was thinking that because my workouts use to be only 50 minutes and the suddenly I uped it a hour and half, if that could be the cause. Like I was stressing my body a little too much. Is this normal?
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Yep. Intense exercise will mess with your period. When I started my jogging program last month, my period came a week and a half early and I have always had cycles like clock work.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:24 AM   #3  

I'm a yep too, exercise started messing with mine, now things have settled down and my periods are as regular as clockwork, but lighter than normal, two days rather than the six days they were when I was at my heaviest!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:55 AM   #4  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

I dunno if my workouts are affecting my period or my new birth control. So I guess I wont be much help. But my periods are only 3 light days ever since I started working out. But I also started my birth control about this time.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:17 AM   #5  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

My period would last about 5 days. Hearing about you girls having the same problem makes me wonder. ^_^ thanks, I was really starting to worry. I never had one so very short before.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote