Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #1  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Talking HELP....I cant stop eatting.

haha...it's TOM time and I feel like I cant stop eatting. Not only am I too tired to work out but I feel like I cant get enough food.

Breakfast was really small today

Kashi Bar

Lunch

Turkey Pattie with BBQ Sauce and Serving of Fat Free Pringles

Snack

Tuna and Crackers

Dinner

Light Tortilla Chips with Fat Free Beans and Salsa

Then I just binged on some Low Calorie Sugar Free Pudding Snack.

I want to eat more now....and I just ate dinner and the pudding. Ugh!! I need Chocolate!!!
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time with bad old TOM!

Sounds like you may not be getting enough calories - do you keep track of your calories? Maybe some extra fruit and veggies would fill you up more. I like oatmeal for breakfast, it keeps me going till lunch and I don't get any hunger pangs. Whenever I get the "munchies" (usually in the afternoon) I make myself a protein shake, it's delicious and tastes like a thick milkshake. Not low cal (about 240) but it stops my hunger in its tracks and makes it less likely for me to have a real binge.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:44 PM   #3  

Height: 5'10

thats not so much at all. Id say its sufficent for the entire day. just drink alot of water so you dont eat more.
and tortilla chips with fat free salsa for dinner? you weigh too much to be eating that little amount of food. your body will have trouble functioning, try lowering your calorie intake SLOWLY.
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:49 PM   #4  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtjoray
Then I just binged on some Low Calorie Sugar Free Pudding Snack.
OMG! That's horrible!

lol, just playin with ya. Seriously, you're doing okay. And if you want chocolate, then have it. Know what I do? When I get a chocolate craving and my sugar-free chocolate pudding snacks just aren't getting it, I pop one or two Hershey's Kisses or eat a small snack-sized bar of Nestle Crunch or something.

Go the rest of MY life without chocolate?

Perish the thought!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:50 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I have to agree with these girls that I think you need to eat more I know you are doing great on your loss and I would hate for you to change things up but no wonder your body is hungry!!!!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:58 PM   #6  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

That's what I was going to post -- I don't think you are getting enough calories or maybe just not enough fruits or veggies instead. It wouldn't hurt to eat more just try to throw in an apple or some spinach (which will make you feel fuller). I'm having the problem of NOT wanting to eat and so sometimes my calorie intake has been low. You are doing good! It's just been quick.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:01 PM   #7  
LLV

I know I'm not getting enough right now either. I'm going through one of my phases where I just don't feel like eating, nothing appeals to me. So maybe she's just having some blah days. The last few days, I'm lucky to get 800-900 calories.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You just don't sound like you're eating anything really good or satisfying. Dieting does not have to be food punishment. In previous dieting attempts, my goal was low cal and I was never satisfied with any of the fakey foods (sugar free this, fat free that) I ate for weight loss. I was constantly hungry and would do stuff like binge on low sugar cookies. Now I eat for health - lean protein, vegetables, fruit, whole grains, healthy fat, low fat dairy and the foods I eat are FILLING and SATISFYING.

A piece of whole grain toast and natural peanut butter is usually a good combo of healthy carbs, good fats and a little protein that might satiate you.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:13 PM   #9  
I restore Teeth.

hahaha jtorey you think you ate a lot? You should hear what I ate today (HINT: today was buy one sundae get one free at Baskin Robbins... TOmorrow is buy one get one at carvel!!!) it's TOM for me too....
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:15 PM   #10  
I will not fail!

Oh no...I'll eat alot more...When I wrote this post I'd been on the go all day and just got home. I eat at least 1600 cal a day. Usually more. My times/days are different then most people because of my work. I work 6 days a week. Ive since had more to eat.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:19 PM   #11  
I will not fail!

Also I do eat alot of fruits and veggies usally but havent had time to go shopping and dont have any around right now. I can only get out to go grocery shopping once a month so it's usally frozen veggies and I just didnt feel like cooking any today. Im sooo tired!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #12  

Quote:
and dont have any around right now. I can only get out to go grocery shopping once a month so it's usally frozen veggies
Hi there! Have you tried having your groceries delivered? Von's Grocery Store and Albertson's (Southern California) have delivery services. $4.99 - $9.99 (depending on where you live.) $50.00 order to start. I'm not sure about Albertson's. You order online what you want.

I think this is a great way to go for any number of reasons. .....and they don't accept tips!

Anyway just a thought for everybody.
doinvinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #13  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

You are doing great though so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
I know I'm not getting enough right now either. I'm going through one of my phases where I just don't feel like eating, nothing appeals to me. So maybe she's just having some blah days. The last few days, I'm lucky to get 800-900 calories.
I get the feeling on and off.. I don't know why. But I'm feeling the same as you.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #14  
I will not fail!

Hmmm...yeah I guess that would be a good idea..never really thought about getting them deliverd. We dont have a Vons here...but I think it's the same as Safeway. I used to live in LA. Thanx for the tip.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:59 AM   #15  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefalls

I get the feeling on and off.. I don't know why. But I'm feeling the same as you.
Good, I'm glad I'm not alone. Just nothing sounds good right now. The food I do have I pretty much force myself to eat. But I'm also on antibiotics for a tooth infection, so maybe it's the pills.