Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2006, 02:08 PM   #1  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Default Chances of?

I had to have minor surgery yesterday and my doctor told me NO working out for 6 weeks.
So my question is this: I wanted to be 170 by my daughters graduation which is June 11th.
Does anyone have a opinion on weather or not that MAY still be possible???
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:11 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

It's only 3 pounds away. I think you can do it! Just eat less since you wont be exercising
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

It's hard to say without knowing what parts of your body the surgery has affected. I've seen little machines that are like a box with pedals sticking out that you can use in lieu of a stationary bike while the rest of your body relaxes on a couch or chair. However, the least expensive one of those I've seen was $80. If you're unable to work your legs, maybe you could use some light hand weights and work your arms a bit to burn at least some calories.

Maybe your doctor can suggest some low-impact exercises that won't cause any harm. Other than that, watching what you eat will be the most important thing--finding that balance between nourishing your body enough to heal, but not indulging excessively. You don't seem very far from your goal, so I would think it's possible (without knowing the specifics of your situation of course). I wish you a speedy recovery.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #4  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

If you're still allowed to go swimming, how about a gentle swim? Or Water aerobics? Both of those put the least stress on your body
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:32 PM   #5  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

I can't help you as to how much you will lose by the 11th but I can tell you this

I got into a car accident on the 4th of May, I was not allowed to go to the gym for at least 3 weeks. Now it may even be longer. I cut down a little bit on the food and still I lost 1 lb last week and another 1 lb this week.

I am telling you this to keep your encouragment up.

I hope you feel better real soon.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I know after I got my appendix out I wasn't allowed to go swimming or even sit in a bath for like 5 weeks or something stupid. I was so mad, here I am in Hawaii they have the nerve to remove my appendix (okay so it wasnt their fault, lol) and then they tell me I CANT GO SWIMMING? not to mention the medication I was on said I wasn't allowed in the sun! lol
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:48 PM   #7  
Fit chick in hidding

S/C/G: 201/164.4/100 4'11"

It all depends on what your doctor considers exercise. If you should be on bedrest than eat healthy and you should be close. If you are able to move arounds fine try walking everyday.
LuckySmyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:53 PM   #8  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Sure its possible its only 3 more pounds and you still have 2 weeks. You can do it. Just drink plenty of water and eat healthy foods
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had abdominal hernia surgery on 4-26-06 and lost 4 lbs. within 2 weeks following surgery. Was not able to exercise at all during those weeks. I ate the same as I always do. So, yes , IMO I think it's very possible.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #10  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

Everybody is different...it's taken me two months to lose 1 pound so I'm not a good judge.
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:44 PM   #11  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

It might be doable, but it's hard to say since everyone is different. Just focus on drinking plenty of water and making wise food decisions, and maybe you'll get there. You're so close!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:42 PM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Keep it up! I think that diet accounts for 80% of results, as it takes a whole lot of exercise to work off an oreo cookie! Watch what you eat strictly, push the fluids, and you should be fine.
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:59 PM   #13  
sli
On A Mission

Thank all of you so much for your opinions! I had to have cancer removed from my cervix. I had to run to the store today and just get a couple of things, I was there maybe a half hour and it started hurting so bad just from that little bit of walking. I will be VERY careful on what I eat and make sure to drink plenty of fluids.
This just really bites because I was on such a role for the past few weeks (8 lbs in 2 weeks) then I am told to do nothing. UGGGHHH!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:30 PM   #14  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey there

Sorry to hear about the cancer...Been there twice myself...

Anyway, since the doc said no exercise I am assuming he ment like running walking etc...how about lifting light weights with the upper body???? you can do that sitting on the couch or what ever...?
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #15  
sli
On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgal2
Hey there

Sorry to hear about the cancer...Been there twice myself...

Anyway, since the doc said no exercise I am assuming he ment like running walking etc...how about lifting light weights with the upper body???? you can do that sitting on the couch or what ever...?
I am SO sorry that you also have been through this! Its a painful procedure!
I was thinking that too! I am gonna tryit and if for any reason I start to hurt then I will stop.
I have to do something this waiting thing is driving me nuts. I have never been good with patients..
Also besides push ups and weight lift behind back what do you all suggest for the extra under the arms. Its really starting to be noticable and I don't like it!