Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hey Gals! Today was a bit of a bust... I didn't have time to eat breakfast before work so I ended up with a BLT Bagel from McD's and a small iced tea. I had a pretty good lunch, and will make myself a good dinner. I think this is an improvement over what I did this weekend, heh. Scary.

Courtnie - congrats on the 3.8 pounds!!! Wow. Thats impressive. keep it up

Azul - I was SO looking forward to a long walk today after work, and it's POURING rain with thunder and lightening. I know I'll get back to "normal", I'm easing back into it.. but I sure wish I had more energy for exercise!

Rosario - definitely full force ahead!! If I can do, you can TOTALLY do it too!

So my brother gave me a dieting book, Shangri-la diet, I've just started reading it today... not sure how I feel about it. But he asked me to try it out and I guess I might. I'll let you ladies know how it goes, I'll likely start it on the weekend. I'm totally not excited about it, seems hokey-pokey. Anyways! I am SO tired, so I'm going to find a light dinner and relax Talk to you girls tomorrow

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:16 AM   #17  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

I sorta have a july 4 goal. My birthday is on July 15th (argh! i'll be 39) and I'd like to be at 175 by then. it would put me back into a comfy size 14. I'm really shooting for that. that's about 7 weeks away, and i figure i can come pretty close.

as for bathing suits...lol. last time i lost this weight, about 5 years ago, i bought one that i have always wanted. its HOT pink! i mean, bright Barbie HOT pink.... its a two piece tankini. i tried it on a few months ago and got ill. NO WAY!!! it looked...scary. that's all I can say. but its in the closet, just waiting for me. as a side note, while out on my in laws boat that last summer i was "skinny", a friend took a photo of me while I was laying sunning for a tan (and what a tan I had that year!). I was so proud of how I looked in that thing, that i took the negative and had it blown up into poster size for my hubby for his birthday that year. Now, i look at it and want to cry! but not to worry!!! I'm on my way back there.
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:47 PM   #18  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl
So my brother gave me a dieting book, Shangri-la diet, I've just started reading it today... not sure how I feel about it. But he asked me to try it out and I guess I might. I'll let you ladies know how it goes, I'll likely start it on the weekend. I'm totally not excited about it, seems hokey-pokey. Anyways! I am SO tired, so I'm going to find a light dinner and relax Talk to you girls tomorrow
What does the diet invole? I wanna know more!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #19  

Courtnie - I haven't even gotten through half of the book. So far it's talking about flavourless calories in the form of oil and sugar water, saying those things lower your set point, your set point being the weight you maintain easily. Soon apparently it'll talk about low glycemic foods. I am almost at the chapter about how to do the diet itself.

So today... not so good. I ate some leftover pasta for breakfast, had a small cin bun with NO icing and coffee for a snack. For lunch I had a salad and a smoothie (no sugar added, low fat!), and dinner? Half a hot dog and some fries. So bad! It could have been worse though. My lunchs have been so good, I gotta work on breakfast and dinner.. lol..

K, tomorrow will be better because I am DETERMINED to get below 230!! Thats just 3 pounds.. I can SO do it! I want to be at 229 in 9 days, thats pretty doable, huh?

-Aimee
Old 05-25-2006, 09:30 AM   #20  
Fat-be-gone

aimee-that is so doable. your eating could of been way worse yesterday. like mine (2 slices of pizza, I don't know how many mini powdered donuts..and that was only dinner...but at least I ate a good breakfast and lunch!!) I want to be 5 pounds less in 9 days (hopefully more, who knows??) but just keep yur chin up and focus!!!

Today is going sooo good...so far. I worked out this morning (woohoo!!) And since I've done it I don't want to throw it away. So I'm going to try no bad food today. Well, just one slice of pizza for lunch..but only one because that's all we had at home. I'm supposed to go to a graduation get together later but I'm going to try a new trick and see how it helps. I'll tell you all about it later.

Have a great day ladies!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:40 PM   #21  

Rosario - I've got one meal to be pretty good, so now I've gotta do two, I am thinking baby steps might help me. I just realized it's been almost 5 weeks since I've been eating whatever I want, thats a hard habit to break! Especially since I still lost weight during that time, that is until the exercise stopped! You are definitely on a roll this morning, exercise and a healthy breakfast are a GREAT start Is the grad thing a dinner? If not you could eat before you go, also my new "trick" to eating out is to ONLY look at the salad menu, so far so good.. How about since we have almost the same mini time line, we keep on eachother? I wonder if the threat of reporting a bad meal might keep that bad food away. Lemme know what you think!

Well I just woke up, but since I'm home this morning I have time to prepare a healthy breakfast and a good dinner for while at work.

So I bought these new jeans on the weekend, they are super cute on, make my butt look good and a plus size 16, BUT! I didn't look at the label, they have polyester in them, and wow, that stuff when combined with Cotton does NOT stretch! When I was trying on pants I discovered that I'm almost into a NORMAL size 15/16! I totally can't wait to not have to shop in the plus sizes anymore..

Well, I am off to make breakfast..

-Aimee
Old 05-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #22  
Fat-be-gone

aimee-i am so with you on the meals. that way if i do indulge in a very bad meal, i will not only be letting myself down, but you as well. that should be really helpful. so far I've had 2 good meals. Portion control is all I care about. And i'm doing great so far!!

I plan on wearing my retainer every day from now on. It's such a pain to keep taking it out to eat. that way I won't be tempted to stick things in my mouth. I'm going to try it out tonite at the little get together (assuming that I do go). Hopefully it's as easy as it sounds!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:12 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

well....today the scales said 164.8!!!! i am so happy. I have been stuck at 166 because i have not been excersizing and eating as good as i should. hopefully i am getting back on track and will make my goal...or at least get pretty close to it.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #24  
Fat-be-gone

awesome job lumifan!! Keep it up!!

Old 05-26-2006, 10:30 AM   #25  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Hey i chose 4th july as my goal also cause it's the date i go to my dad's house in spain. Also, it's my birthday on 12th july and i'm having a pool party so i'll have to look O.K in a bikini!!!

4TH JULY HERE WE COME!
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:36 AM   #26  
Fat-be-gone

Spain?? How exciting and fun for you. Good Luck to you!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:15 PM   #27  

lumifan - congrats to you

Rosario - how'd you do yesterday? I was impressed with how well I did, I had a good breakfast, for a snack I got a slice of lemon loaf, dinner was a salad and strawberries and for a snack when we came home I had 2 chicken strips. My end result was 1553 calories and 30% fat, I was a little surprised, I expected it to be worse for some reason. heh.

Leah - a pool party sounds like fun! I'm sure you can hit your goal!

-Aimee
Old 05-26-2006, 01:30 PM   #28  
Fat-be-gone

aimee-yesterday was pretty good. i just have to work on my snacks. today is another story. so far really bad. I didn't realize how much calories were in a jr. bcon cheeseburger, fries, and a frostee. oops. Major mistake doing that. I hope i last through dinner without doing to bad...i'm scared though cause it's only 1 o'clock. you look like you're doing really good, so keep it up!

I knew i should of went to subway!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #29  

Rosario - at least it was your lunch that was bad!! You have to be good at dinner, k? Had a HUGE salad before you eat anything else! Or even an apple, which apparently helps fill up your tummy. You can totally do this, one meal is NOTHING, just be good for the rest of the day! How was your breakfast today?

I'm having issues pulling myself away from this computer this morning, I need to eat some breakfast before I go for a walk.. so I better get on that pretty quick here!

-Aimee
Old 05-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #30  

Yesterday was just crazy, I had this bad headache and barely ate anything all day long. However I did manage to go for a walk before it got TOO bad. When I got on the scale this morning I was showing a loss of 3 pounds!! I drank water, tea and juice all day.. I'm kinda stunned. We'll see if I hold on to that until Thursday/Fri my actual weigh in day.

Hope you gals are all having a great weekend

-Aimee