Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2006, 09:56 AM   #1  
Sweet Success

Default Oh my I am lost

Okay the success thread had been taken out so I am wondering what will happen to all the weekly weigh in's? I would visit a thread for Weekly Weigh in's on Friday and I can't remember the person who starts the thread but I can remember her Cat Avatar.

I really enjoyed the weekly weigh ins. It was a success/support type thing all rolled in one. If you lost you got to shout and sing, if you gain, you got support. Awesome thread.

I try a search to see where it might have been moved. No luck.

So does anyone know where it may land? or is it done?
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:12 AM   #2  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

The success threads were moved to the "mini goals" section at the top of the forum. Hope you find the thread you are looking for!
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #3  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

You might check Featherweights, a subgroup under Support Group forum. There's a long thread there that was moved from somewhere else. "Almost there" is the title of the thread, i believe. Good luck!
SSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Tealeaf started the weigh in thread on fridays. I hope she finds her way over her to the mini-goals section. I wondered where the success thread went to and i decided to stop in here and low and behold, it looks alot like the success thead section. So, hopefully tealeaf will be here tomorrow to post it for us. of course, she has been getting it up around lunchtime, so we will have to be patient while waiting.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:10 PM   #5  
Sweet Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumifan4ever
Tealeaf started the weigh in thread on fridays. I hope she finds her way over her to the mini-goals section. I wondered where the success thread went to and i decided to stop in here and low and behold, it looks alot like the success thead section. So, hopefully tealeaf will be here tomorrow to post it for us. of course, she has been getting it up around lunchtime, so we will have to be patient while waiting.
Tealeaf? Is she the one with the cat picture/avatar? I laugh at that cat everytime I see it. I do not know why that cat picture gets me but I use to have the full photo picture of it. I would never guessed Tealeaf go with the photo though.

Well, Where ever she may start the thread I just hope I can find it. I sure did enjoy reading and posting to it. It has been quite motorvating. I really did not notice the Success thread being gone until last night when I had decided I would look over the past weigh in threads, Came out of the support thread and wonder what happen! Success use to be above support ( at least I thought it was ) Success was second home to support. I scroll up and down and kind of woke up that something was rather different. something changed

See ya at weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #6  
it's always something

Weigh-in threads should go in either Support or Support Groups, not the goal forums. The goal forums are to showcase individuals for their accomplishments and each thread is for one person

We could make a weigh-in thread in either support or support groups and make it a sticky so it will stay at the top. We could create a new one every week or every month, depending on how many people use it and what you all prefer. We are open to suggestions
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:39 PM   #7  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Hi,

Annie (Tealeaf) posts a new weigh in thread every Friday. Here is the current one, but I guess it ends today http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84207. It's in the "Support" forum.

Hope this helps

P.S. I just looked for it but it but it wasn't there. Anyway, Annie will probably post a new one tomorrow.

Last edited by penpal; 05-18-2006 at 08:46 PM.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:42 PM   #8  

I think there is a use for a success area: someplace to put those delightful surprises that happen, but aren't necessarily related to a specific goal-the NSVs and what-have-you.

I realize that they could be put into the support forum, but if the post just posted is someone asking for hugs because it's been 6 weeks and their scale hasn't moved, it feels a bit unfriendly to post a big YAHOO!! because you just put on a shirt that hasn't fit for 5 years.

I rather liked the two sub-forums being next to each other, somehow they seemed to go together. When things don't seem to be working, you could post a sigh in the Support forum, then head over to Success to remind yourself what was possible. When things are great, you could post a cheer in the Success forum, then go spread some encouragement to those who need it most in Support. Having them together just seemed... comforting.

The mini-goals forum feels (to me) to be a bit more regemented and, well, a bit less friendly feeling? I don't mean the people posting there, just the name "mini-goals", it kind of makes me feel like I have to wait for my next mini goal (under 300 lbs) to be achieved to post, and if someone at works asks me if I've been losing weight...well that wasn't a goal, was it?

Maybe I'm the only person with these thoughts, if so thanks for letting me ramble. I'm trying to kill some time so that I don't have a snack before dinner (as I've already had my afternoon snack). And I think I've just about made it! (Now, where can I post this success?)

Last edited by andoreth; 05-18-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:55 PM   #9  
Brit Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoreth
Maybe I'm the only person with these thoughts
No, there's at least one more - me!

I guess I prefer the old way it was set up but maybe I'll get used to the new system. I'm not really sure what Mini-Goals is supposed to be - is it the new name for Success Stories? I think the name Success Stories sounds MUCH more uplifting. Right now I feel like everything is mixed up and I don't know where to find stuff. I pretty much lived in the Support and Success Stories forums and I liked that they were next to each other.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Default Lost too!

I need to know if I am doing alright or dropping in on groups I don't belong to. I am sorry if I have been rude. I am still new and can't find my way around these threads. I also think I did my ticker tape wrong and don't know how to correct it. Maureen
mauvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I don't think it's possible to drop into a wrong thread. I've posted to almost every forum and everyone has always been friendly and welcoming.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #12  

Don't worry about dropping into any forum, or any thread! I haven't seen even the least bit of "us" and "them" mentality anywhere on this forum.

In fact, I often use the "New Posts" search on the top bar to see what's going on (especially if my usual hangouts are a bit slow) and will find an interesting thread in a forum I almost never visit. The divisions are more to keep everything organized than anything.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:46 PM   #13  
Brit Chick

Yes, it's a good idea to look around at the various other forums and threads. I've found real inspiration and encouragement everywhere on this site. Nobody has ever made me feel unwelcome.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:50 PM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoreth
I think there is a use for a success area: someplace to put those delightful surprises that happen, but aren't necessarily related to a specific goal-the NSVs and what-have-you.
Gotta admit, I really miss it too! It was one of my favorite sections.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:21 AM   #15  
Meg

Hey guys - the old Success subforum isn't gone at all - it's just been expanded, renamed Success Stories, and moved to the top of the whole Forums page. It's bigger and better and ta da - it's the first thing someone sees now when they come to the forums.

I think it's a cool way to highlight all the kinds of success stories we have, from reaching goal to the big and little triumphs along the way. Anything that belonged in the old Success subforum still can go in the Success Stories forum.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote