Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2006, 11:08 AM   #1  
Breakfast Fiend

S/C/G: 164/154/140

Default Bought some jeans & have Swimsuit questions

So, even though I'm not at my goal yet, I've been swimming in my old size 11's for the past two months, and it's gotten to the point where I'm not excited about how I look.

My friend Harry says, "You've got the baggy clothes... the 'I've lost a lot of weight recently' look," but I'd much rather have a "I'm healthy and stylish" look. Being a poor college student, I can't reward myself with clothes like many others can, but I found a sale this weekend and got myself a size 7... A size of jeans I haven't owned since middle school!

I felt like a fraud, bringing size 9s into the dressing room, even though I knew they were probably too big.

I'm getting kind of overwhelmed at having to buy clothes for my new body. Underwear, bras... things that I've had for years. It would be much easier to just stay the same weight and keep the old clothes, but then I remember how frustrating it was, looking in the mirror, trying to hide certain parts of my body. It's worth the dent in the pocketbook!

My ultimate reward is a bathing suit splurge. I've been dieting for 3 months, but not exercising. The next month is full of exercise to firm up where I've lost weight, and building a bit of muscle so that I don't have to be so paranoid about everything I eat. I want to look killer when I move to LA for the summer.

Do any of you have suggestions about bathing suits? I'm gonna post this picture. It's kind of embarassing because it's me in a bathing suit, but hopefully I'll get some good advice if you can look at my body type.

http://www.akeenedesign.com/Images/suit1.jpg
http://www.akeenedesign.com/Images/suit2.jpg
http://www.akeenedesign.com/Images/suit3.jpg

What do you think I should go for? What should I focus on (they say to play your strengths, but I can over-analyze and don't see my strengths)?
ashliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:43 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Definitely go for the hot bikini, you've earned it and have the body for it. Congratulations. Personally, I'd pick something a little higher cut on the sides and show off the booty.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #3  
Eat less, taste more

S/C/G: 179/166/128

Wow!! You look amazing! I don't know how you are having trouble finding strengths...there are a lot...you have great abs so I'd stick with a bikini. You top does look like it could use a bit more support so maybe a more structured top would be better. And I think that your bottoms have too much fabric for the size of your bum...like they are too high waisted in the back...probably because you've lost weight...but even if you go for boy cut bottoms make sure they don't cover quite so much of your bum! You are going to have a great time shopping for a swimsuit because they are all going to look amazing!

Just a suggestion too for things like jeans...secondhand stores can have some great finds...Sally Anne or just general second hand stores (we have Thrift Village...check the yellow pages) will usually have jeans in pretty good condition to brand new for the $4 to $20 range...and for $20 you'd be getting brand new, tags still on, brand name jeans.

Congratulations on moving towards your goal...you'll be there in no time!!

Casey
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:17 PM   #4  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 166/152/140

Height: 5'9"

You look great! I agree with lilybelle about a higher cut bottom and maybe a different top...a halter or more of a bikini style. The top your wearing looks like one my daughter has (she's 8) I would definetly show your body off while you are young! (we are probally close in age but that is what I would tell myself if I could go back before I had kids!) Wear it while you can
kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:53 PM   #5  

I wish i looked that good in a bathing suit!
Losingitin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #6  
Eat less, taste more

S/C/G: 179/166/128

You're so right Chrissy...before kids, after kids or during flaunt it if you've got it!! I wish someone had told me that when I was hiding under baggy t-shirts at 120!

Looking at your pictures reminded me that I want my collar bones back! I wonder at what weight they will reappear...I don't even remember losing them ...but I intend to notice when they are back!

Casey
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/275/170

Height: 5'10"

IMO your abs and your shoulders and back are your strong features. Maybe a halter-style top with a nice v-cut front. I agree about the bottoms, less is more for your body. Absolutely awesome! Way to go! Show it all off!!!
kristine724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #8  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

I would say light bikini top and dark boyshort or bikini pant
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:49 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

You are going to look great in it no matter which you choose!

And yes to what Casey said... thrift stores are a great place to find nice stuff cheap... also yard sales if you live in an area where there are a lot of them.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #10