Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #1  

Default Need help posting before and after pics!

Hi everyone
I love looking at everyones before and after pics and I would like to post mine but I cant figure it out. The problem is (besides the fact that Im an idiot on this computer, ha), when I saved the pictures on my computer originally, they were saved big and they exceed the maximum file size to load as an attachment. I am clicking the paperclip above and uploading from my computer but it keeps saying that the file is too big. Does anybody know of a different way to do to this, or a way that I can make my pictures smaller. Thanks for any help

Trina
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost there
Does anybody know of a different way to do to this, or a way that I can make my pictures smaller. Thanks for any help

Trina
It's possible the pictures are bmps which are really big. Right click the picture icon and click save as, change the extension to jpg. For example, if your picture was named trina.bmp you are going to want to re-name the image to trina.jpg. Jpgs are usually much much smaller than bmps. You can also right click the picture icon on your desktop (or folder) and click Open With and then select the tool Paint (comes default with Windows). When the picture opens, use the file to save as and then select jpg from the selections. When you right click the picture and select properties, you can see the file size. That way, if you do it before and after you can see if you are successful and creating an image with a smaller file size (bmps can be as large as 1 MB, jpgs as small as 25k).

Good luck and can't wait to see your pictures!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:17 AM   #3  
Meg

Oooh, I just love pictures and can't wait to see yours!

I opened a free account at Photobucket.com and use it to host my pictures. That way I don't have to upload them here at all. Set up an account at Photobucket and upload your photos there - it's really easy. Once that's set up, come back here and click on New Post and then type whatever you want to say. Then copy the address of the photo you want to post (it gives it to you underneath the photo in Photobucket - it starts with 'http:' ), click on the postcard with the mountain icon in the Reply box (next to the quote symbol), and paste the address in. You should end up with something that looks like this:

[IMG] http: //www. address of your photo.com[/IMG] (without the spaces)

Then preview your post to see if it works ...

I hope this makes a little sense!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:15 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks for the info about photobucket. The one photo I tried to upload here didn't load right either and it was definitely a small enough .jpg.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:04 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone, I will try both (one of those has to work for me)
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I used photobucket too. And then Meg (bless her heart) fixed them for me. Thanks Meg!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:27 PM   #7  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I like Image Shack http://imageshack.us/

They have a box you can click to automatically resize for forums, etc. (320x240). You click "Choose File" and a browser will come up so you can choose the photo (I usually put mine on the desktop).

Then you just copy and paste the url they give you for forums or a thumbnail (small sized picture you can click on and it gets bigger). It's worked well for me.

This picture of my babies Teddy & Tommy was resized automatically to 320x240. You can choose larger sizes, but I think it's considered more polite to not take up too much space with big pictures if you can help it.

Last edited by penpal; 05-16-2006 at 10:53 PM.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote