Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #1  
Fat-be-gone

Default Lose it by July 4th---7 weeks to go!!

Good morning!

I am down 1 pound so that puts me at 228. Not much but I'm happy with it. I have got to try harder this week to lose some more. This is one challenge I do not want to fail at!!

Lady Jackyl-Great job. you are almost there! you are inspiring me to work harder so I can hit my goal like you will!!

72butterfly-don't worry about your mother's day goal. like you said at least you are going down. congrats on your loss. keep it up!!

swimgirl-be good on your time away and hope you get better!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:58 AM   #2  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Wahoo Rosario!!!! WTG on the 1lb!! 1lb is awesome!!! Congrats! Keep it up girl! How was your weekend? Did you blow it? I kept thinking about you and was trying to telepathicly (sp) tell you to do GOOD and not blow it!!!

Lady Jackyl- WTG on the 9 lbs for the challenge! You are SO going to hit your goal!! Keep it up!! Im sorry about your father. I pray he gets better soon! Im not sure what to say about stress and not eating. I havent had to deal with anything like that. My advice would be to stay positive and just try to eat as healthy as you can.

72butterfly- Good job on the 1.5 lbs! Yes, you are going down and thats the direction that we want!!!! Great job!!!

Swimgirl- Have fun on your trip!! And yes...BE GOOD!!! Hope your head cold gets better soon...those are no fun at all!!

Last edited by purplecrush; 05-15-2006 at 11:06 AM.
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:20 AM   #3  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Wahoo Rosario!!!! 1lb is great!!! Keep up the great work!!!

Lady Jackyl- Wow 9 lbs that is awsome. I will keep your dad in my prayers

72butterfly- 1.5 that is great!!!

I have lost another 1lb. I have now reached my June 10 goal. I am so so happy. I am starting to notice the differnce in myself. I do not mind tucking my shirts in now. Where before I would not so I could hide my stomach. Now my next goal for the 4th of July. I piged out yesterday, not sure why yet. But now it is out of mysystem. Ready to head forward. I am still unable to go back to the gym becuase of my injury from the car accident that is why I am so happy about the 1lb.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

It sounds like everyone is doing well! Congrats! I really need to get back on track so I can make my goal for this challenge. I haven't been watching what I've been eating quite as carefully as before, and I haven't been exercising as much. I'm ready to do better this week! I weigh in tomorrow officially, but I doubt that I will have lost this week.
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:18 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I had SUCH a bad weekend... I ate bad food On Saturday I had lost 2 pounds but this morning I was back up like 5! But it could be because I had chinease last night and got my period this morning... so I dont know if I should count the two pounds or not
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #6  
Fat-be-gone

azul-isn't it a great feeling when we notice a difference in our bodies? Oh, i want to be there with you !

randee-hey thanks!! maybe that's what helped this weekend. cause I didn't eat so much like i usually do lol. when you need help, let me know and I'll return the favor.

lovemygordie-keep your chin up. You might surprise yourself with a loss.

courtnie-our bodys are weird like that:gaining 5 pounds almost overnite. ha! maybe youshould keep those 2 pounds that way your loss will be more on your next weigh-in. that's what I do!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:39 AM   #7  
Starbucks Addict!

Rosario- Oh girl, I could use all the help I could get!!! LOL

I FINALLY lost a lb this week! I didnt think the scales would ever budge again!!! So im happy! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-16-2006, 10:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

my weightloss is not going so well at the moment. had a weekend or so where i guess i have been eating just a little more and exersizing a little less. I put on one pound. i am up to 167. but i'm not stressing. I am trying to do better this week. i am including more salads back into my diet to help me feel fuller. i have been kind of having stuff like chinese and pizza, so i have to get myself back on track. also been working over time during the week instead of heading out to the gym. definately going to get back to the gym this wednesday. sometimes things happen and we don't do good all the time. the important thing is to realize it, get over it and get back on track. i won't let one or two bad weeks blow 5 or 6 months of hard work to drop 30 pounds.

congrats to all of your girls who have had a weightloss this past week or two. We can definately do this!!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

It's my last day on my mini "vacation", and I have NOT been good. There is too much good cooking from my grandma, plus we had a huge party for her... including birthday cake. And there is no exercising still, but I also have a nasty little cold, and am completely underslept.. heh.

Courtnie - I shall rival your 5 pounds... but count the 2 pounds as a loss, it's likely because of your period, the first day PLUS all the sodium in that chinese, that explains those 5 pounds. But you were down on your weigh in day, which is actually the only thing that matters!! Way to go (I'm still jealous!!)

Well ladies, I am off to go out for lunch and catch an airplane... see you in a couple days

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:31 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Aimee! have a great flight! talk to you soon!!!

I did weigh this morning, I wasnt down to the 195 I saw the other day, but was back down to 197... so things might be okay I still don't wanna change my ticker, haha
Old 05-16-2006, 02:35 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

I didn't really know where to post this but I wanted to share it. I almost wanted to make a new thread about it but I don't want people to think I am crying for attention because that is not what I am doing.

But I was sitting here thinking about the people you see around the site and you KNOW they are starving Themselves . You can just tell, they are trying to lose weight so bad they starve themselves. It really hit home for me yesterday and I came to realize they are KILLING themselves! They really are...

My grandmother is in the hospital, I was a bit selfish and didn't go visit her right away, I figured she was going to be okay and be home soon (like last time). So I went to see her yesterday awith my dad and he told me on the way that she is doing really bad, getting close to dying (but we all have hope). Well I went and saw her and spent time with her. She is all bones and skin, she weighs under 80 pounds (was wants a tiny women either) from starving herself for too long.

She was never fat and never thought she was fat, but she slowly started eating less and less and less. For years she did this and nobody really noticed until she got sick. She is at the point now where she cant eat much more then 3 mouthfulls before she is full. She keeps losing weight and she is dying because she can't eat. But she can't eat anymore because her stomach has gotten too small. Her body can't fight off all the things that are wrong with her because she can't eat. It goes on and on. And unless she can starting eating more she will probably die.

Please I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me, it happens and this is life. But I just hope someone out there who is starving themself reads this and realizes what they are doing to themself. My gramma never ment to do this, (she never thought she was fat) but it happened.

Again all I can hope is that someone reads this and stops starving themselves.

Please if you read someone on the boards, share my store! Maybe dont just my name, just say "someone on the boards".

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:53 AM   #12  
Starbucks Addict!

Courtnie- im sorry to hear about your grandma My sister doesnt eat. Im going to share your story with her. She thinks shes fat, so she just starves. She used to be a closet eater, but not anymore, shes just giving up on food. Thanks for sharing your story!

P.s. I dont know how people just "dont" eat..I LOVE food LOL I couldnt imagine NOT eating!!
Old 05-17-2006, 11:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I am home!!!! And tired! heh. I got home last night, I tell yah, it felt SO weird to leave, its always sad for me to leave my hometown.

Anyways, on to better topics.. I got on the scale this morning, and for some ODD reason, it's showing a 1 pound LOSS. I don't know how this could have happened, but I may be able to post a 1 pound loss on my weigh in day (Friday). I wondered if something funny like this would happen.. my body almost seems willing to lose weight these days as long as I'm semi active. Well who knows..

Courtnie - thats a pretty horrible story, but it's a valuable lesson! Whats even worse is that I'm sure a lot of people can think of someone who doesn't eat to lose weight.. Food really has to stop being seen as the enemy.

Randee - I'm with you! I love to eat, mostly unhealthy things I'm sure, lol. Omg, I was staying with my grandma, who made homemade perogies, which were SO SO good. She's a really good cook, and was stuffing us full of food the entire time heh.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

i know what you mean courtnie....i used to not eat but once a day when i was in high school. i went from 4 meals a day to just one. and that one didn't have much too it either. but now.....i can't imagine not eating. i do love food. sometimes i think i should just skip meals and eat less, but then i remember how tired i felt when i was in high school. i want to lose weight the right way this time and i am. I am sooooo sorry about your grandmother. i do pray that she will be able to start eating more and get healthy again.

on a bright side, i got on the scale this morning and it said 165!!!! i am so excited. i should have been at 165 this past friday but hey....i'll take it now. it puts me one pound behind on my goal for the 4th, but i don't mind coming in one pound behind goal....it's definatly better than 5!!! hehehe.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Courtnie--so sorry to hear about your grandma. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Once again, no loss for me this week. Still at 160. I need to get back on track to make my goal!
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote