Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #1  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Unhappy Confession TIME!

Ok....so my grandfather in law brought over these cheese onion rolls they are my favorite. I ate one last night with out even thinking about it. Then first thing when I woke up this morning I had another one. Then while I was making lunch for the kids I ate another half of one. So I was thinking of a way to get them out of the house with out throwing them away. I hate to waste food. So I made dinner out of them for my husband and kids. FINALLY they are all gone. Also it's my kids birthday on Monday I make their cakes every year. I was making the frostings for the cakes today and I kept sticking my finger in to test the taste...probably alittle more then I should of. Needless to say I feel like crap....litterly. My stomach hurts and I feel like I need to throw up or something?!?! I cant even eat dinner. Ugh why do I do this to myself I have been sooo good too. We all have slip ups..I just need to know not to allow cheese onion rolls in my house again. Lol.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #2  
Meg

It's worth feeling sick to learn such a valuable lesson. You bet everyone has slip-ups and think how much you learned from this one!! Bet you'll never do it again because it's just not worth it. Your body LOVES your new healthy lifestyle and it's telling you that it doesn't want to go back to the bad old ways.

And you are so right -- keeping it out of the house is 99% of the battle.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #3  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Bleh. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

Was this the first time you've been in the same vicinity as one of the devil rolls ( ) in a while? Sorry they grabbed such a hold of you!

On the positive side, you learned something about yourself and your triggers during this. How can you handle it differently next time? If you can't get granddad to stop bringing the devil rolls over, maybe pop them into the freezer pronto. And have the kids frost the cake (kids like doing that, anyway, even if it's a cake for themselves!).

Feel better, kiddo.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think Meg and Lena are absolutely right -- When I have slip-ups I try to figure out why I did, and see if I can't right that problem in the future. Don't beat yourself up over it. It's done and you'll survive it. But use it as a learning experience for the future!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #5  
I restore Teeth.

thats a good idea- just don't tell the person who made it that you don't want them to get offended!!! I know a few who would be pretty angry if I did that!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:52 AM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Get right back on that horse. That moment is over and you can just move past it.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:28 PM   #7  
I will not fail!

Ok...so last night..we had some friends over and had pizza. I only had 2 slices but after those rolls and everything else I just felt really bad about myself. I weighed myself this morning and I didnt gain any weight. I also am working out really hard today. Does it take a few days to gain weight from a major slip up like I had or am I in the safe?
Old 05-13-2006, 10:08 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'm guilty too. Last night was my daughters 14th birthday. She had 9 girls over for a slumber party. I ate 2 pieces of pizza with everyone else. Plus, chocolate cake . I should feel bad about this, but I don't. After 10 1/2 months on my lifestyle, I've only really went totally off-program twice and it was planned for. Back on program today. BTW, I had diet coke with the pizza if that helps any. TEHE
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #9  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtjoray
Ok...so last night..we had some friends over and had pizza. I only had 2 slices but after those rolls and everything else I just felt really bad about myself. I weighed myself this morning and I didnt gain any weight. I also am working out really hard today. Does it take a few days to gain weight from a major slip up like I had or am I in the safe?
The gain doesn't show right away, just like a loss won't show right away (when you're deficient in calories). But you know what? We all have those days. I've had a whole weekend like that. I too ate pizza last night, along with a veggie sub, chocolate, snacks, and whatever else I could get my hands on. Every now and then I have days like that where I can't help stuffing my face with whatever happens to be lying around. I put it behind me and move on.

My weekend isn't over yet, either. I've still got mother's day to get through tomorrow. More food, more dessert, more calories.

So Monday I gotta get strict with myself again to keep from gaining back 5 pounds, lol.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #10  
I will not fail!

Its just been a bad week for me. Mothers day...and Sunday is also my sons second birthday then the following weekend is my daugther's 4th birthday. UGH! Lol...we are having a bbq on Monday night for the kids' birthday. Im trying really hard today. So far soo good.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:17 PM   #11  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I had a bad day today, too. Had a candy bar, hamburgers, and too much to eat at lunch.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote