Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #1  
LLV

Angry Okay, this last 10 pounds just isn't coming off

I've tried shaking up my routine, eating more calories, then dropping them back to normal, getting more exercise and it's just not budging.

I think I'm going to have to drop my calories back even further. I currently eat about 1300 a day, sometimes 1400, sometimes 1200. I'm gonna have to drop back even more, I'm afraid. I really hate to do that, but I've been the same weight (and even went back up 2 pounds) since early March. Maybe even before that, who knows.

*sigh*

Last edited by LLV; 05-08-2006 at 06:33 PM.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Maybe your body likes the weight it is at?
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #3  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

That's what I was thinking. Do you think 139 looks bad on your or do you just want to be less? Why dont you just try to maintain where you are at? Who knows maybe in the process it will fall off?
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #4  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
Maybe your body likes the weight it is at?
Obviously. Dammit. But I don't.

I'll admit on some days I've been a little careless at keeping an eye on calories, so I think I know what I'm going to try next - no more 1300 one day, 1400 the next, 1200 the day after that - I'm going to aim for NO MORE than 1200 calories and I'll see if that works. Because I really don't want to drop below that. I want to get this last 10 pounds off, yes, but I don't want to starve to death trying to do it, either.

No more than 1200 calories a day, Linda!

(don't mind me, I'm just yelling at myself, lol)
Old 05-08-2006, 06:53 PM   #5  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtjoray
That's what I was thinking. Do you think 139 looks bad on your or do you just want to be less?
I think it looks bad on me. Before I got fat, my weight was around 125-130, no more than 130. I'm 5'5. Or 5'4 and a half. Something like that. And I'm not comfy being almost 140
Old 05-08-2006, 06:56 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Does 9 pounds really look that different?
I wouldnt know because I have never been that low... but I know I have lost 17 pounds now and I don't look much different...

Instead of doing for 1200 at most, why not go 1400 at most and get in lots of exercise? You shouldn't need to starve yourself.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:27 PM   #7  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
Does 9 pounds really look that different?
I wouldnt know because I have never been that low... but I know I have lost 17 pounds now and I don't look much different...

Instead of doing for 1200 at most, why not go 1400 at most and get in lots of exercise? You shouldn't need to starve yourself.
I did that already, hon. It's not making a difference.

Maybe you're right, maybe my body has just settled. And I know the last 10 are the hardest (and take the longest) to come off. But I really do think I've been eating more lately than I should. I mean ****, I gained back 2 pounds. I don't mean just for a day or so, as in a normal water fluctuation, I went back up to 139 (from 137) and that's where my body is staying. Been there for a week now. In fact, I briefly saw 141 before dropping back to 139.

I just wanna get this crap overwight so I can start maintaining. I've been at it now for 2 years. And yes, I know I'll have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life, I'm fully prepared for that. But I want to get into my 'comfy zone' so I can start relaxing a little bit.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #8  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey,

I don't think you should drop your cals, 1200 cals is only good for someone who doesn't move...basically 1200 cals is the MIN for your body to carry out BASIC functions... What type of exercise are you doing? For how long? how many days a week?

maybe your body just needs COMPLETE rest??
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #9  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgal2
Hey,

I don't think you should drop your cals the range you are in is perfect. What type of exercise are you doing? For how long? how many days a week?

maybe your body just needs COMPLETE rest??
I do Pilates plus I walk every day. I've never been one to weightlift or bust my butt in a gym, I like to do casual, comfortable exercise that's meant to tone, not bulk up
Old 05-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had the exact same problem. Once I reached 158 I couldn't seem to lose anymore. I am 5'7 and goal is 145. It totally frustrated me and made me feel like increasing my goal because I thought I'd never see any more lbs. leave. After stalling for 3-4 weeks and actually fluctuating up to 160 a couple times, the lbs. just started dropping again. I'm at 151 now and hope I don't stall again before I reach my goal. I tried decreasing my food and increasing my exercise and that didn't help me. Just had to wait it out. It will happen for you too. Good luck
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
No more than 1200 calories a day, Linda!
You still haven't tried what worked for me - eating more I didn't lose the last 10 lbs until I increased from 1600 to 1800-1900. It did take around 9 months to lose the last 10 lbs, it was sloooow from 140 to 127.

I was in a similar position and I was faced with 1) do I want to eat less 2) do I want to eat more. I went with eating more because eating less seems kinda scary. What happens if you don't lose weight eating 1200, you going to eat less?

Here's where I wrote about making the transition from frustrating plateau to happy maintenance:

http://boards.shape.com/ib/ikonboard...ST;f=3;t=95261

As a note, it's very difficult for women to "bulk-up," most women just don't have the right hormones to get super muscular by accident.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #12  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Linda,

It must be very frustrating, trying to lose those last ten pounds. Maybe you could try eating completely different foods than you are used to but the same amount of calories.

Try not to go too low in calories as you'll be disappointed if the weight comes back when you start eating more calories on "maintenance" (I'm sure you don't want to stay at 1200 calories for ever).

I hope you soon find something that works to get those last pesky pounds off. Don't give up - you can do it!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:25 PM   #13  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle
I had the exact same problem. Once I reached 158 I couldn't seem to lose anymore. I am 5'7 and goal is 145. It totally frustrated me and made me feel like increasing my goal because I thought I'd never see any more lbs. leave. After stalling for 3-4 weeks and actually fluctuating up to 160 a couple times, the lbs. just started dropping again. I'm at 151 now and hope I don't stall again before I reach my goal. I tried decreasing my food and increasing my exercise and that didn't help me. Just had to wait it out. It will happen for you too. Good luck
Thank you
Old 05-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #14  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
You still haven't tried what worked for me - eating more
Yes I did, hon. I increased my calories for quite a while and ended up gaining.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #15  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpal
Hi Linda,

It must be very frustrating, trying to lose those last ten pounds. Maybe you could try eating completely different foods than you are used to but the same amount of calories.

Try not to go too low in calories as you'll be disappointed if the weight comes back when you start eating more calories on "maintenance" (I'm sure you don't want to stay at 1200 calories for ever).
No, I sure don't. But if I'm maintaining at that amount, I'm worried I'll never be able to eat anymore than that.