Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #1  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Default N__o__t__i__c__e

WHY WONT ANYONE SAY ANYTHING!!!!?????? I got all gussied up last night, and I think I looked pretty good and definitely much smaller, in an outfit Ive never worn before. Gorgeous outfit. Was out with 5 friends and the guy.

No one said ANYthing!!! Not one word. My friends are very supportive, sweet people, not ones who would be jealous and not want to compliment. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY just say I look pretty, pleeeease! One day, somehow, somewhere, someone is going to say I look slim, trim, good, something!

I just want some acknowledgement from outside that Im looking better, you know? I know Im supposed to only do it for myself and only care about my own praise etc, but I cant help but want someone to notice so that I dont feel like its all made up in my head!!
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Sometimes people just forget to tell us. Tell yourself you look good, I tell myself everyday and I know it's true. Good luck and bless you for your hard efforts.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 5'6"

Some people feel uncomfortable commenting on others' weight loss, just because it's such a touchy subject for some. They think that to say, "Hey, you look great! Have you lost weight?" implies that you didn't look that great before, and that you should be losing weight. Frankly, I'm happy that others aren't commenting on my losses yet, because it would make me feel uncomfortable.
Kashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/110/110

It could be that you are looking good all of the time now, and your friends were not surprised that you looked even better last night.
alwaysbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #5  
I restore Teeth.

You know, I hate it when people notice that my dress code is different. Like if I wore something nice, one would say "Wow, look at you today!" Even if it were just heels with casual attire. It makes me feel like I've looked like crap for the other days!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #6  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Alot of people dont like to say anything about weight loss because then they think you would think that they all thought you where really fat to begin with?!?! Dont worry..you are getting healthy and that's all the matters really. Do you mind me asking how much you have lost and how much you plan on lossing. I know since I had alot of weight to loss I didnt show till I had lost like 20 or so pounds.Keep up the great work, and dont let this bring you down.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hmmm... do you say "you like the new outfit? its a smaller size, I'm so proud", truely sometimes you have to toot your own horn, and THEN people will comment. Do you compliment them? I only say this because often people don't compliment if you don't compliment back.. if that makes sense. Somehow it makes sense to me.. heh.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

PeeB, I'm sorry you felt hurt last night.

I think Aimee is right. My DH is a social worker, and he'd say the same thing. It's nice to get what we want without asking, but sometimes our friends/family are not on the same wave-length as we are.
Ask for those compliments... I'll bet you look(ed) fabulous.
And congratulations on your weight loss!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:20 PM   #9  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Sometimes people just don't know what to say, therefore they don't say anything.

I have taken a little bit of Richard Simmons advice. I give myself a compliment everyday. (I am working on the I like me! )

As long as you are feeling good about yourself, don't worry about the others.
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 154/145/125

i think the above posters are correct about the reasons why no one noticed you or vocalized their noticing you.

i try to always compliment others on some component of their outfit. i find that if i start this topic, then others will notice me as well. and it makes them feel good in the process-- win-win situation, right? (and i don't mean fake compliments).

i lost a lot of weight about 6 years ago. most of the comments either made me feel like i had lost TOO much weight or i must have looked like crap before. so i never was bothered by not getting the "you must have lost weight! you look so good!" remarks. i enjoy the "that top looks awesome on you! you look beautiful!" remarks. and you can get those at any weight.
kms7z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:48 PM   #11  
LLV

Girl, you're feeling hurt a little too often over the people around you either not doing what you expect them to do or doing something you don't like.

I think the best thing for you to do is calm down, figure out what is going to make you happy and forget about other people's actions right now. I agree with the others, not everyone is going to notice and even those that do notice aren't always going to say anything about it. So what? Are you doing this for yourself or for them?

The important thing is that YOU notice. The important thing is how YOU feel. Not what everyone else feels.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:02 AM   #12  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

I think yall are probably right, I also feel like I dont want to imply someone looked horrible before by saying "you look great, have you lost weight?" So hopefully its just that...

Yes I compliment my friends all the time, if I think they look cute or slim or have something new on I say something. Thinking about it, each of the most recent 3 times Ive done something with friends (including last night), I said something positive about how they looked because indeed they looked great!

Thank you Lily and Ellis!
Alwaysbelieve, HEHE!!! It'd be great if that were the case! :OD

JTJoray, I dont know how much Ive lost cause I cant weigh myself (it really gets me down. I believe I am around 145? I just go by clothing and how I look nekkie. The clothes are a big teller.
The shirt I wore last night, I bought and thought there was no way I would ever fit into it but was hopeful and it was so beautiful that I really wanted to have it to inspire me to try to shrink. I never dreamed I could wear it so soon! I still cant believe it fits so well already.

Thanks all, and as I said in the post, I KNOW Im supposed to just rely on my self but geez, a girl can wish for a compliment! :O)

Although, I did get one from a stranger and it was great! I was standing outside smoking (which I do maybe once a week, when out on the town) and a guy asked me for a light. Only he said "ma'am? do you have a light?"
As I gave it to him I said "did you just call me ma'am?" he said "well I would have called you hottie, but I didnt think you would stick around after that". Hehe! I laughed and nodded and said "Miss is better, makes me at least 10 years younger than a ma'am!" He laughed and agreed and I quickly walked back in the restaurant, not wanting to be flirty with some guy while my own was inside!
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #13  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeB
Although, I did get one from a stranger and it was great! I was standing outside smoking (which I do maybe once a week, when out on the town) and a guy asked me for a light. Only he said "ma'am? do you have a light?"
As I gave it to him I said "did you just call me ma'am?" he said "well I would have called you hottie, but I didnt think you would stick around after that". Hehe!
See? There ya go
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Another thing we forget, is that our friends and family who see us every day don't always see the weight loss because we look the same as we did yesterday. I've always struggled with that myself, because when I look in the mirror everyday I don't look or feel any different than I did the day before. I forget little things like, last year my arms got tired even shampooing. Fishing for compliments never hurts, or making complements to yourself in front of others (unless they're the "I'm so great, you all probably will now realize hou much you suck" variety).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote