Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #1  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Cool I need some encouragement

I started my journey Jan 6th 2006. I've already lost 48 pounds but it seems the last month or so It's really slowing down. I hear this is normal but I just wish it would happen alittle more faster. I started out at 263 pounds and I am now down to 215 pounds this morning. I really wanted to get to 210 pounds by June but at this rate I dont think that will happen. I know that Im just being selfish and I should be happy with my loss so far and I am happy. I just want it to speed up. But like people keep telling me...I didnt put on the weight overnight. Anyway...I have been eating about 1600-1800 calories and working out 5-6 days a week for at least 30 mins sometimes more. Due to recent conflicts I can now only work out 4 maybe 5 days a week still 30 mins but I cut my calories to 1400. Hopefully this will work. I just need some encouragement. I know Im not going to quite but I keep getting those thoughts in my head. UGH! Lol. Thanks everyone!
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:53 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I started one month after you and only lost 14-15. I am so jealous
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #3  
Mel

Oh please don't get discouraged! You've done a fantastic job! Weightloss does slow, you need to make tweaks along the way, but think of all the progress you've made Don't just look at the scale, either- is it easier to move around? Do you have more endurance? Do you feel better physically? And on the inside, there are so many changes that you can't see. You've drastically reduced your odds of all sorts of weight related diseases and conditions, just with what you have already lost.

This is one of the traps of setting timetables; you are doing a great job, but you're feeling discouraged I'd give yourself a big pat on the back for what you HAVE done. Try setting behavioral goals instead of scale related goals. You aren't completely in control of how fast the scale weight is going to change. What you can control is your behavior. Reward yourself (no, no, NOT food!) for all those days eating on plan, all those workouts done. Resolve that you will do X workouts a week and meet those goals, and that you will eat on plan. The fat loss will follow- I promise. Just maybe not on exactly the date you want!

You are doing a great job!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #4  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Wow, 48 Lb's?!?!?! How in the world did you do it??? I've been at this since February and only have lost 7 Lb's.... So your 48 is VERY impressive!!! I'm stuck with only 7, and am finding it REALLY difficult to find something that works for me. I don't seem to be losing anything anymore, and I'm getting frustrated...Hang in there, things will start up again! May take some time...a lesson of which I am teaching myself at the moment.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

It's really hard not to see the negative.. and I really don't know what to say.. I started a month before you and am only down 15 pounds. And if I really focus on only the weight, it darn depressing! But I'm more fit, more buff, I've lost inches, and I wouldn't go back to the way I was.. so the hard work becomes WORTH it. Power of the positive mind! If I focus on the daily things, I don't see the big picture which helps me a lot.

Keep going... because thats all you can do!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #6  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Jtjoray!!! Breathe where you are at 215. Look back to where you were.... smile.. breathe again.. take your time looking down the road to where you are headed. Enjoy where you are .. the road is clear in front of you and where you are is a place to be savored.

Like Mel said, there are SO many changes inside of you that you can't even see. Of course you want more.. and you will get more..

breathe again..... and smile.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #7  
I will not fail!

Thank you everyone! I try not to be so negitive it's just hard sometimes. I guess I am doing a really good job. I didnt realize how many people started about the same time as me. I am proud of myself..I just need to stay motivated!!! : )
Old 05-04-2006, 09:34 PM   #8  
Slow and Steady

How's this for encouragement...
Check out my siggie. I started on January 4th at 263 lbs just like you. I've only lost 32 lbs.

You're doing great girl. Keep up the good work!
Quirky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #9  
I will not fail!

Congrats!!! I know...Im just not being patient. : )
Old 05-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Think of this whole patience thing as part of what you need to learn for long term success! And congrats!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #11  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Patience...... that's what I need in big doses!
We have a nice smilie, I think a lot of us could use a "patience" smilie!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Losing weight is a lengthy process. Never let the time it takes to achieve your dream detract you from your goal - the time is going to pass anyway. Visualize 2 years from now, 5 years from now...

It took me 7 months to lose 54 lbs and then another 9 months to lose the last 15 lbs. I never gave up. Here I am, nearly 2 years later, 127 lbs - reached a goal even lower than my original goal!

Look at what you're doing to lose weight - you're going to have to keep it up forever if you want to keep the weight off forever. Get comfortable doing what you're doing, you're in it for the long haul. If it's not comfortable, change the plan so you can comfortably stick with it forever.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:07 AM   #13  
I will not fail!

Im as comfortable as I'll ever be. I still love food and it sucks that I cant eat some of the foods I would want to eat. But like I heard somewhere "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" Dont get me wrong I still eat them in moderation but once in awhile I'd like to just pig out! Lol.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpal
Patience...... that's what I need in big doses!
We have a nice smilie, I think a lot of us could use a "patience" smilie!
great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjoray
it sucks that I cant eat some of the foods I would want to eat.
why can't you??
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:21 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hey encouragement we've got!! First off you are doing fantastic... wow I started in February and think I have done great to get off 34 pounds! But I know what you mean... it is OUR body and OUR "fat" we have to live with; not someone else's!

How about -- something I am planning to do also -- sit down and write out a list of things you can DO now that you could not before, or that are so much easier!! Actually I am planning to start a thread for people to share this when I get time... so you could even go ahead and post HERE for all of us to enjoy your list and add our own accomplishments to it!

One of mine for example is that I can now go up and DOWN (harder because of a bad knee and risk of falling) the stairs with adult steps and without holding onto the rails. Granted I look like an awkward trying to waddle up them but I can DO it!! And reach every part of my body when I shower, etc.

There are LOTS of things you must be better at it now than before. Sooooooo why not post some of them here for all of us to appreciate!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote