Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-07-2006, 07:48 AM   #16  
Meg

Melissa,

In another thread you posted that you take a cheat day every week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel67
This is my 4th time in the last umpteen years to diet, this one is moving slower than pleases me, but I've always been successfull, and I feel I will this time too. 1 cheat day a week is and always has been a part of my diet routine (when dieting that is). My cheat day is always my weigh-in day each week. On that day, I eat what I want, drink what I want. But the next day it's back to the diet grind. I gives me something to look forward to all week, and there fore helps keep me on track with my diet.
If the scale stops moving or if you gain, I think that's the first place to look for a problem. Some people can have a cheat meal or day every week and still lose -- others (like me) absolutely cannot. For me at least, a cheat meal (or worse, cheat day) would erase the calorie deficit that I worked so hard to earn that week. I might maintain, but I sure wouldn't lose.

Next time you stall, maybe drop the cheat day and see if your losses pick up again?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote