Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/170/135

Smile Starting today!

Hi, my name is Brynna, and I'm starting my journey of weight loss today. I'm 5'5", 170 lbs. (according to the scale this morning, but more importantly, my clothes are getting too small and I'm just plain self-conscious right now.) The scale fluctuates, as we all know, and I've been jumping on any given day between 165 and 170, so I'll go with the higher number for extra motivation. I also have "skinny clothes" from when I was a marathon runner 4 years ago -- and the idea of again fitting into that "new" wardrobe is very exciting and motivating, too. So I have my barometers covered.

In addition to having low self-esteem based on my current body image, I want to feel extra good about myself on August 5th. This is the date of an event where I will be meeting new people, and I want to look and feel spectacular so I can enjoy myself and slip into a cute little dress. With today being May 1st and my goal event being about 13 weeks away, I'm ready to start my fitness program (and maintain it even AFTER the event -- this isn't a diet/exercise regimen for just the wedding I'm attending, but having a goal date in mind will keep me on my toes -- and a new dress will serve as a nice reward for achieving my goal!)

It's strange -- I know exactly *how* to lose weight, I just don't apply my knowledge and experience of the past to simply *do* it. I enjoy winery outings with my boyfriend, happy hour beers -- and while I'm one of those rare people born without a sweet tooth -- I LOVE pasta and Coke. Buttery breadsticks are also a favorite, and I just need to start controlling what I eat, start exercising and I know I can reach my goal -- maybe even before my aforementioned goal date.

So thanks for letting me share a little about me and why I find myself here this morning. I look forward to posting more and sharing more -- and helping others along the way, too!

Brynna
brynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #2  

P.S. - I love the tickers that people have to show weight loss progress. Is that a link from another site or can I start a ticker somewhere here (not sure where I would find it though) to track my progess in future posts?

Thanks for your help!
Brynna
Old 05-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/*Ticker*/150

Height: 5'6

Brynna,

Just wanted to wish you good luck. it is my first day on this site as well. Your goals sound very similar to mine also as well as your shared loved for pasta, and bread and coke . Im sure you'll reach your goals... Good luck again.

WP
WillPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #4  

go into user cp and then signature and you can find tickers
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #5  

Hi Brynna,

You can do this. I am following weight watchers and lost 4 pounds in my first week. Good luck to you.

Here is the link for the tickers on 3FC

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php
Ariannas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:54 PM   #6  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Well, you sound like you've got a really good, positive attitude, and that's a great place to start. Welcome to the best virtual place on the web - the people here are the best!

Good luck and keep us posted!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #7  

I am starting today too! Well, restarting for the 1000000000 time. *sigh*
geekess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #8  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome and good luck!
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynna
I LOVE pasta and Coke. Buttery breadsticks are also a favorite
Me TOO!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #10  

I'm so excited to say that I've made it to day 4!! Hooray!! I'm also down 4lbs. Yes!!!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Here's to that cute little dress this summer! Maybe I'll be able to get one too...
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #12  

I agree -- I have a wedding to attend in early August, and I would LOVE to be 35 lbs. lighter (or at least 3 dress sizes smaller) for that event. If not, at least I'll be smaller than I am right now, right?

Good luck to you, too!

I have to say that I'm hoping I'm making even more progress than I know. I mean, sure, the scale says 4 lbs. down, but I don't feel different in my clothes at all really. Then again, I started the diet while PMS-ing, and right now, well -- you know -- so maybe in a few days I'll feel (and truly be) less bloated, a wee bit smaller in the waist, etc.

Thanks for listening everyone. It helps to stay on track when I post here. Even if it just sounds like I'm rambling -- and probably am! LOL!

Brynna
Old 05-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #13  

I believe I read somewhere once that it takes at least 10 pounds for there to be a noticable difference, such as clothing being loose, people noticing the weight loss, etc.

Good luck to all of you.

I have lost a total of 10 pounds since I started this journey in January and I am only noticing a difference in some of my clothes, like my shirts are a little looser. Oh well, it'll all come in good time.
Ariannas is offline   Reply With Quote