Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2006, 05:43 AM   #1  

Unhappy Doing everything right, and NOT losing weight???

hey guys.. i am soooo frustrated. i was totally out of control, overeating, binging, etc. and now ive cut my calories down to appx. 1500 a day (FAR less than what i was eating before). not only do i still feel hungry, but i havent lost any weight!!!! in the past when i lost weight, it wasnt from counting calories, i just lost interest in food and only ate when i was hungry (keep in mind i still ate shitty foods). im so frustrated, for once in my life im doing it right, eating healthy foods and a low amount of calories, and i havent lost an ounce. ????? what is the problem? ps, im sedentary at work and i have a 6 hour commute, but i make it to the gym whenever i can...lately it hasnt been that often, but i havent been eating a lot either! anyone have any suggestions????
nyhasla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi there and welcome! Without particulars like height and weight, I'd just be guessing. And that's not fair to you.
But just off the top of my head, it could be a combination of crappy types of food, the sedentary thing and the 'approx.' calories.
It all can be very frustrating, but sometimes it's just little things that make a difference. Keep tweaking. 1500 cals and a trip to the gym a couple of times a week should help, if done on a consistant basis. So does coming to 3fc for advice and encouragement.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:09 AM   #3  

I feel the same way, but I think I'm going to stick to my current diet for a little longer, becuase It's only been 2 weeks XD . I think my body is trying to make things slow down. Maybe your body is doing something similar? I'm no expert, though.
inter_stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME!!!

Susan (as usual) asked some great questions, but here's another: How long has this been going on? What kinds of foods are you eating? And to follow up on one of hers: are you really weighing and measuring everything?

It's also possible you're eating too little, but again, without some particulars, it's hard to say...

In the absence of other information, I recommend... patience. Think of yourself as adopting a new lifestyle, not only trying to shed pounds...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:00 AM   #5  
Freedom awaits us

Smile Not sure if I'm the right person to be replying but,

Nyhasla, first things first

I've only just begun again and joined Weight Watchers and there is point counting involved. Also, I'm going to stay at the meetings heard that's really important.

Reading over SusanB reply to you makes sense. Maybe try to change a few things around and then you will find the right fit for you.

I also heard and read in the Prevention: Healthy Woman Special Lose-Weight Edition book example from the book:

That eating 6 mini meals a day is much better and that just eating 3 square meals a day, you're creating terrific imbalances in your energy levels. Researchers had found in a study that the people in the group that added the three snacks a day to three regular meals balanced their energy better, lost fat and increased lean body mass [as well as increased their power and endurance]. There is science to support the fact the more meals work, but the reason it works is because it does something that many diets don't do: It keeps you more full and satisfied, which will reduce the likelihood of a diet-binge.

For scheduling purposes, alternate your larger meals with smaller snacks. Eat two of your snacks roughly 2 hours before lunch and dinner, and one snack roughly 2 hours after dinner.

Sample Time Schedule
8 am Breakfast
11 am light snack
1 pm Lunch
4 pm light snack
6 pm Dinner
8 pm light snack.

Plus
Exercise of course

Take note also that breakast skippers are 4.5 times more likely to be overweight. Missing your morning meal causes blood sugar to dip, leaving you over hungry and quadrupling your chance of overeating.

I'm fairly new to 3fatchicks forum and I have found all the people on 3FC have been very helpful and seem like great people. I usually go into the 300+ group and now I think I will also come into the Support Group too!

All the best and good luck.
Elaine1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes it seems to take forever for the pounds to start dropping. Don't try to do too much at once (if I do I get burned out). Maybe hop on a treadmill afterwork, or take a walk outside for 1/2 hour. Pretty soon that half hour will stretch itself out a little bit and that combined with protion control and watching what you're eating will start to reap results!
I'm getting ready to leave for my daughters track meet today, and I'm concerned about my eating! The concessions always sell hot dogs, and although I know they are not great for you I LOVE THEM! Going to try to be strong...
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote