Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #1  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Default Feeling Guilty

I was driving home from an interview, and I felt that it went really well so I wanted to celebrate. Because of this interview, I'd missed my normal lunch time and decided to drive through a resteraunt.

As I drove up I kept saying to myself "You really shouldn't do this." But of course, my internal monologue didn't matter at all. I was going to have that take out, and that was that.

So I went in and ordered 2 pieces of pizza and a breadstick And I proceeded to eat it all!!! (It tasted darn good too!)

But now I'm feeling oh so guilty! I don't want to do this, and I know I shouldn't do this... but I just can't stop!
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:43 PM   #2  

Talking

i dont think having pizza once in awhile hurts any one! i have it about once a month .
toofatforu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Okay -

First - 2 pieces of pizza and 1 breadstick is nothing to feel guilty about. It may be offplan, but it does not qualify as a tremendous cheat like an entire cheesecake (ahem).

Second - Our culture uses food to celebrate. It is very difficult to break the mental pattern that links happiness with yummy food. Although I try very hard, I still do it occasionally (very fancy dinner at a very fancy restaurant for my birthday, enjoying local delicacies on my last trip to Singapore). All our lives we're going to be faced with co-workers that bring in birthday cakes, spouses that want to take us out for anniversary dinners, nachos at the state fair and wanting to eat ice cream when we've had a bad day. Definitely impossible to be perfect all the time

It would be very difficult to spend an entire lifetime "on plan." A goal of 80/20 is not a bad goal and 2 pieces of pizza and a breadstick after a good interview definitely fits into an 80/20 lifestyle. I did find that I was more likely to be tempted by "bad" food if I were overly restricting calories. If I were depriving myself, the idea of something sugary/greasy was more attractive (since the body craves quick energy in the form of fat/sugar). If you are frequently tempted and can't resist, maybe look at what you're eating every day to make sure the body is completely satisfied with what you are eating (calories, healthy fats).

If you feel really badly about it - try to change how you reward yourself. Pizza is good but a pedicure would be good too (or a cute new pair of summer sandals).

Don't feel badly, don't beat yourself up. Have a nice dinner, drink lots of water and keep going! You are doing great.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #4  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

First I must say that at least you enjoyed. I hate it when I go off plan and then don't even enjoy it but you loved every bite. Plus, it really isnt' that bad. It could have been a lot worse. A whole lot.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #5  
I've had a rough week...

Thanks Ladies

I feel bad because this is my first week on WW, and I wanted so badly to be good this week But I suppose it's not a huge deal! I just worry that it will trigger more, so instead of going home where I'd be alone I came to my parents house and told my dad to keep me out of the fridge
Old 04-28-2006, 04:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, the worst thing you can do is think "well, I blew the day, might as well just eat like crazy and start over tomorrow." This is a Bad Thing tm.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Hi!
Just count it in your points and move on. Maybe exercise a little extra tonight. but don't beat yourself up over it, that just leads to a viscious cycle. Thank yourself for not eating more than that and just feel good for all the other days that you have stuck to your plan.
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #8  
Starting Fresh

You have your extra points! I am sure that the pizza and breadstick fit in there nicely.

I like to treat myself once and a while too and like Tracey said - least is was good! I have treated myself and not enjoy it at all witch is way worse cuz I cheated/treated and it wasn't even worh it!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:25 PM   #9  
I've had a rough week...

Oy! Now my in laws have invited me to dinner. Red Lobster. (This day just keeps getting worse!)

At least it's red lobster, and I can order something healthy there!! I still have 7 points left on today after my splurge, and my extra points... so I think I can make it work! I'll order something healthy, and only eat half!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Way to go!! You've already thought of something for dinner! Just remember your long range goal.
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtaTJac
Oy! Now my in laws have invited me to dinner. Red Lobster. (This day just keeps getting worse!)

At least it's red lobster, and I can order something healthy there!! I still have 7 points left on today after my splurge, and my extra points... so I think I can make it work! I'll order something healthy, and only eat half!
7 points and your extra you are doing great!! Seafood is very low. Just watch out for the butter! I totally wish we had a red lobster here.

I think I need to go back to weight watcers - eveyone seems to lose weight so much faster then counting calories!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #12  
I've had a rough week...

I just checked on RedLobster's website... and the meal I want is only 296 calories for a salad (no dressing) the fish and the veggies that go with it!! (It came out to 6 points total!!) And of course I will order everything with no butter (I don't really care for it much anyway! Just a few extra lemons will do me good!)

I'm feeling like I'm already back on track!!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #13  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

great save! congrats. the planning ahead can make all the difference
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #14  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtaTJac
Thanks Ladies

I feel bad because this is my first week on WW, and I wanted so badly to be good this week But I suppose it's not a huge deal! I just worry that it will trigger more, so instead of going home where I'd be alone I came to my parents house and told my dad to keep me out of the fridge
Aww, don't feel guilty, we all have days like that.

Just put it behind you and move on
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:03 PM   #15  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Dont worry too much. As long as you stay on your diet and dont give up because of that one cheat. I cheat every now and then..but I give myself permission too. In a way it doesnt make me feel as bad. I just exercise alittle more to make up for it.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote