Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #1  
I restore Teeth.

Default Why Am I Eating This Even If I Don't Want It Or Even Like It?

as i am typing now, i've devoured a whole 1/2 tray of rice crispies treats. I don't even LIKE them! Yet i have no idea why i'm still eating them!!!?? I wasnt even hungry!!! ? My brain isnt controlling me either! I could literally stop right now and not touch the other 1/2 of the tray! But will I? I have no clue. I cant say its emotional eating either, because I'm not stressing out or anything.... is it eating just out of pure boredom?????

Does anyone else experience this occasionally???? Tell me so you can keep me busy and occupied from finishing the other 1/2 of the tray!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

yep. been there. done that.

But I've gotten a lot better!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I would pitch the tray

I would also wonder why my body was craving sugar - were you low in calories today and your body was crying out for quick energy? The body wants what it needs, often (in my experience).

I can always tell if I've been a little overly strict/healthy, I start wanting to eat peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon (or just my finger). I don't find it mysterious - peanut butter is an awesome source of healthy fat and my body wants healthy fats.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:06 PM   #4  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
I would pitch the tray

I can always tell if I've been a little overly strict/healthy, I start wanting to eat peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon (or just my finger). I don't find it mysterious - peanut butter is an awesome source of healthy fat and my body wants healthy fats.

Maybe thats it? I'm not quite sure, but occasionally when I eat really healthy things, i would spontaneously eat crappy things at one whole sitting even if I'm not hungry or craving it!

No I wasn't hungry or even restricted on calories. (I eat above 2000 each day!) Maybe its just the thought of being able to make rice crispies and KNOWING it was there? I don't know but I seriously would like to know why it does happen.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Oh boy do I hear that! There are times I find myself eating something that I actually find pretty awful, but I still shovel it into my mouth. For me, I believe that I'm doing it for comfort, any kind of comfort! Next time try to figure out what your emotions are while you're eating, and focus on anything else besides the rice krispie treats, or cookies, or nachos or....
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:07 AM   #6  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

When I feel tempeted alot of times I will leave the house and go outside or go for a short ride. Once I leave and come back i do not feel the need to eat it. Well so far that has worked. At night if this happens I will try and tell myself that I can not eat at night and if I am still in the mood for it in the morning I will have a piece then.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #7  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

My only guess would have been that you didnt take in either enough protein, fiber, or calories. Other than that.. I dont know what to tell you everything else you already said that it wasnt.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Good thought, Azul,
the food will be there in the morning, later, or whatever. Put it in the fridge, and if you are truly physically hungry eat it then. It will taste that much better because your stomach is really growling!
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:14 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Yah been there - eating cuz I am bored. BUT I haven't done that in like 3 months!!! At least not like I used to... I might have a couple crackers or something now. But before it was like - whatever I could get in my mouth. My body craves carbs!

I remember making cold hambuger helper sandwitches... now thats weird.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #10  
DIVA

Been there, done that and just did it again!
My body craves carbs too. Carbs are the devil!
I cannot blame it on anything but me. I self-sabotage.
Sometimes you just have to give in and start over the next day. If I am craving something, I have to have it or I will go crazy and get 2 or 3 servings of what I am craving and that is worse than just 1 serving to satify the craving.

The best thing to do is throw it aways., I am good for putting alot of salt and/or pepper on something so that I will not eat it but once it's in the trash can - I am done.
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #11  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curves4Life
I am good for putting alot of salt and/or pepper on something so that I will not eat it but once it's in the trash can - I am done.
I heard that a lot of Hollywood celebrities do that ::
Old 04-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #12  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

I don't experience that occassionally, more LIKE EVERY SECOND I'm awake! I'll eat stuff just to eat, even if I don't like it! It's definately a problem. It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one!
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote