Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #1  
Tons of fun!!!!

Default Help me get back on track

hello all! i feel like a newbie again, i used to post here all the time a couple years ago. i have lost a total of 68 pounds but have been stuck for MONTHS, i am finding myself slipping back into old habits and although i do not eat near as bad as i did before all this i cant seem to find my way back to eating completely helathy again. i honestly think it was easier the first time!!!!! any tips on how to make it through a plateau, and has anyone had one that lasted for months? i still would like to lose about 35-40 more pounds...... thanks!
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:47 PM   #2  

i know how you feel. i just started my diet about a week or so ago. and i kept looking a junk food and wanting some, and on occassion i will give in to a little piece of chocolate or a couple jelly beans, but when you start craving junk food just go for some fruit or veggies and just tell yourself you will be happier in the long run if you eat things that are good for you, same with when you dont feel like excercising.
pink_x_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi and glad you're back. Sorry I don't have any "magic answers" but just want to encourage you to keep going and hang in there!!!! One suggestion... involve yourself in some of the challenges here! They are very motivating!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:06 AM   #4  

You compelled me to to write because I am in the same boat! I have lost around 80 lbs over the past 4 years, but for the last almost 9 months I have been stuck. I am not happy where I am, I want to lose at least 15 more lbs, maybe more - but for whatever reason I lack the motivation.
I know that the last stage of weight loss will be really hard. (Obviously, or I would be at goal by now.) Also, I think exercise is even more critical at this point - and at least for me that is a hard pill to swallow.

I have just today, right now re-committed myself to this journey. I feel like I am starting new, this is my new high weight - today is day 1. I feel like I have taken the last few months as a break, kind of a learning curve to figure out how to maintain, but it is over right now - 9 months is long enough, I know how to maintain. So it starts today, right now, not Monday or the first of next month - but right now. I will write it all down, record everything I eat, and all the calories I burn. I will have a goal in mind and a reward once I reach it.

I wish you the best, stick with it. If you need support I will be around, newly committed and visiting frequently, just like I did in the beginning.
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote