Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2006, 04:03 PM   #1  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Default Just can't take another D***d diet!

I was not sure where to put this, so I put this here....

I have started and stopped more *diets* than I can imagine. I know I need to do something, I am tired all the time, way over weight, no energy to speak of, and school and work and you know...life... but the thought of another diet makes me want to run my head against a wall. I am about 40 - 50 pounds over weight and was going to try good ole' fashion calorie counting, (tried everything else, nothing else is working..from akins, to wieght lifting, to wieght watchers...nothing worked! I went 6 months of strict weight lifting and 6 meals a day to have total failure! not a pound an ounce down..AHHHHHHHGGG! I wound up binging all the time, the reason for the failure due to eating the same d*mn thing all the time, got sick of it...) So, I want to try calorie counting. But I get physically ill at the thought of starting another diet, only to see it fail again! I guess I am down on myself for failing after trying so hard the last time! but I can't give up, my wieght is limiting me in certain ways I don't like. I love to do yoga, love it, but can't get into the poses, not for lack of flexiblity, but my fat rolls get in the way! and don't get me started on the lack of *ahem* you know.....things going on the bedroom. due to me being so embarrassed about my thighs! It hurts...plain ole hurts. So I can't give up, I don't want to give up on myself....I am just looking for the strength to keep up with the battle.

Thanks for listening...
kat
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

1st Rule:
It is not a diet, it is a new lifestyle.

2nd Rule:
Live each day as one day, take it one day at a time. Don't regret yesterday and don't worry about tomorrow. Just worry about today.

3rd Rule:
Pick a lifestyle you can stick with for the rest of your life.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #3  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

4th Rule
If you fail to plan....you plan to fail
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:18 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by la3y_un1c0rn_37
4th Rule
If you fail to plan....you plan to fail
Right how could I forget that!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #5  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Great rules ladies. I can’t stress enough how important it is to find something that will not stress you out continually and you can maintain for the long haul. You probably won’t get it all right the first time and you will need to experiment to figure out what works. Any success I’m seeing now is because I have given myself the freedom I need to live my life and have implemented changes slowly.

You can do this. Take a deep breath and think about what little thing you can change first. After that becomes easy, pick something else and keep going. Remember to change things up from time to time to keep it interesting, and make sure you’re not on a collision course with boredom or frustration.

Good luck!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:32 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Never give up. You deserve to be healthy and enjoy the things in life that will bring happiness. I too had tried every diet in the world and always seemed to fail. The support here has really made the difference for me. Good luck in your lifestyle change.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:21 PM   #7  
weight watchers

Thank you everyone for your much needed love and support! It is so hard to "gear up" for making the changes that is needed. but it know I have to do it, my health demands it (I notice I get sick more often now, and it hangs on longer...) so....here I go...
Old 04-26-2006, 12:57 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

For what it's worth you don't HAVE to diet to lose weight! I'm doing it withOUT a diet but just eating healthful things and exercising. I eat all KINDS of things that would be "forbidden" on just about any diet out there. Although I don't eat junk or many processed foods; but I do have great meals and snacks. And you don't have to eat the same thing all the time either... just get creative. There are TONS of wonderful ideas you can get right here on 3FC.. I had one of them for dinner tonight LOL.

Hang in there... the more positive you can think about it the better. Focus on the benefits; not the sacrifices! (yes, there are some). But they are worth it!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:28 AM   #9  
weight watchers

once again, thank you everyone! I am feeling alot more positive today about changing my lifestyle. (no longer using the "d" word...LOL...) From all my past history of trying to lose weight I do know somethings about myself, and watching portions, exercise, and kind of carbs are important and have been sucessful in the past. I guess I need to work it into my life, instead of working my life around my food. I think that has been my downfall in the past. My husband will freak out if I tell him I am trying to lose wieght again because of all the stops and starts he is frustrated now with me and trying to lose wieght. He is very supportive and always goes on diets with me and cooks food that is "on plan". But this time I think I will try good ole fashion calorie counting. No more no less....

Thanks for all the love and support, you ladies are the best!!!!

Metta,
Kat
Old 04-26-2006, 07:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Kat -- Come join us on the calorie counters thread (Under general diet plans -- that D word again!)

Many of us find that we can't make all the changes we need to at once. So if you're overwhelmed, pick one thing to do and then move on. I just started with portion control, later added exercise and then calorie counting and nutrition, and then.. well, more stuff, you get the idea!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good advice Wyllen! I have been literally walking my butt off and done workout stuff at home... and have gotten rid of the first 32 pounds... but it is so hard for me to get time to go to the fitness center (even though we have one in my complex) that I haven't done it. But now I'm getting stronger and plan to start going at least twice a week to do the strength training. I know it needs to be more often but I want to put in something I can and will DO. Then plan to take up swimming again soon.

We can't always do things perfectly or all at once... but we CAN all get out there and do something!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Hey Kat!
I find that if I just watch my portions things work out better for me. At 5' tall, I can eat as much as my 6'2" husband, so I really concentrate on eating only until I feel satisfied. Last night I made burritos for my family. I made a pretty big one for myself (feeling guilty the whole time) but found that after less than half I was satisfied! I took the rest and wrapped it up, put it in the fridge and told myself if I was hungry later I would heat it up. It would still be there waiting for me if I wanted it. It's still there this morning, and might be perfect for lunch tomorrow! The food will always be there for you. You choose when to eat it, and how much of it to eat!

Keep rockin' Lady!
babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:42 PM   #13  

I think if you stop putting so much pressure on yourself you will feel better and be able to stick to it better. If you think of it as a life style, and not a race, you will find it's much less stressful. You make small changes every day, and make them habits. Try having a daily goal, like drinking water, or walking, and pretty soon you will develop habits. The less stress you take out of it the better. And if you have a bad day, call it what it is, a bad day, not "quitting." You can do this...so many people are and have done it, you just have to get into the right state of mind. If you don't, even if you lose the weight, you will gain it back, if you don't change your life. Just get started today, any little thing...and soon you will be looking back at the 20 pounds you lost and you will be so happy.
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:48 PM   #14  

great advice here! i agree starting with one small change at a time makes a huge difference. it is all about retraining yourself to eat healthy foods and exercise. there is a book called change one it is the readers digest (d-word) lol. it really helped me a lot, it teaches you to make one small change at a time, it starts off with just eating breakfast everyday for a whole week and then eases you through lunch, dinner, water, portion control, snacks, exercise etc. it ends up being calorie counting in the end, but it is a nice slow paced way to learn about a healthy lifestyle where nothing is forbidden. good luck!!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #15  
weight watchers

thank you everyone! boy I feel the love!!! today I counted my calories..didn't not eat anything...just counted what I did eat. It was good! not too bad....I can do this for a while and see how it works.

Thanks everyone!! and see ya over at the calorie counters forum!