Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #1  

Exclamation Help! Starving after work!

So, this is my 2nd week of getting healthy and I noticed that even though I have a planned menu, I have a bad habit of snacking before dinner.

Mainly, it's because i'm SOOO hungry after work. I've tried to pack a tupperware dish with fruit (to snack on all day), but it doesn't seem to help squelch the hunger and I still feel like i'm "starving" when I get home from work.
~*Kellie*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Have you thought about spreading your calories out so you can eat six times a day?

Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Snack

That might help you. I eat ever three hours....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:10 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Are you eating enough during the day? That used to happen to me a lot and I'd be a starving lunatic when I got home and would start eating everything in sight! LOL

Now I try to eat more during the day so I'm not so hungry when I get home. It has worked so far. I know some people say eating carbs makes them hungrier. I usually have breakfast around 8, a snack around 11, then I eat my lunch around 2 pm. I don't usually anything after that until dinner. If I do get really hungry, then I may have another snack in the afternoon. Try lean proteins like sliced turkey breast w/low fat cheese, or some nuts, just watch the calories b/c nuts have a lot.

Also make sure you're drinking plenty of water. They say most people mistake thirst for hunger.

Good luck!
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 272.5/266.5/135

Height: 5'6"

Have you tried munching on something like carrot sticks or some celery after work, while you are cooking dinner? Are you drinking your water?? What plan are you following?? That could help us try and help you.

Misty
mommieof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:51 PM   #5  

try the 100 calorie pack thin crisps. They are really good, its like eating a cookie, but you dont have to feel bad about eating them, i like the chips ahoy and oreo ones. also try eating only a little bit at a time, but eating several times a day.
pink_x_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #6  
No description available.

Try a little combo of carbs and protein, like a hard boiled egg and an apple, or string cheese and a few whole grain crackers. That'll tide ya over.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #7  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

My first question, are you really hungrey. Try drinking about 10 ounces of water and see if that helps. I felt like I was going to die if I did not eat something. But, I soon learned it was only out of habit. When I would get home it was a habit for me to eat so I thought I was hungrey but I was not it was only out of habit. Try not eating after work wait for your meal. Maybe move your meal time up a bit
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I used to be sooo tired every day after work but have come to realize it was usually hunger. Plan a snack at that time -- but one that will quell the hunger, not just empty calories. I often have protein like a small piece of cheese, or cottage cheese, pr yogurt or even a couple of ounces of chicken -- and often something to drink late in the afternoon. I just plan on it. Most days that works.

This is a process of learning about yourself and how to eat healthy for you! You may have to play around to find the system that works the best for you.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:19 AM   #9  

Thank you for the tips everyone! I will try them!
~*Kellie*~ is offline   Reply With Quote