Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2006, 03:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 143/136/110

Unhappy I can't seem to loose any wieght =[

It has been exactly one week today since i started my diet. I was about a yr ago weighing only 90lbs, but barely eating b/c of a minor stomach condition, then when i was put on medication after a while i realized it didnt hurt my stomach to eat anymore and i ate and ate and went up to 130. after two days of dieting i went down to 124, then today i weighed myself again and was 127 =[ I'm beginning to think losing weight is impossible. I want to try to be down to between 100lbs and 110lbs for when i go on vacation to the beach in july, but right now it seems like that will never happen
annonymous_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #2  

Hi,
I am hovering right now between 124 and 127 and i am trying to get down to 115 and am having the same problem. how tall are you and what plan are you using?
Cindy219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:50 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

It has only been one week! Sometimes you body has to catch up with what you are doing. Took me 5 weeks before I saw any loss. Hang in there.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:51 PM   #4  

I'm 5'3" and im just basically trying to count calories, but i've been trying to for breakfast have carnation instant breakfast, lunch i have either been skipping or eating a piece of friuit and dinner i have been trying to eat either a little fish or chicken, and for the most part, besides easter day, i have been following this.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:52 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Doesn't sound like you are eating enough. Make sure you get at least 1200 calories a day.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

I'm not an expert at all, but I do know that you're not eating enough. Do you lift weights? Maybe you could do a few days of cardio, and a couple days of strength training. Then you'll tighten up (because of the strength training) and lose the weight (because of the cardio) while upping your calories. I agree with Courtnie that you shouldn't go below 1200 cals.
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:55 PM   #7  

It could be that you are eating too few calories that your body isnt letting you loose. YOu need to be eating at minimum 1200 cals a day with tons of veggies. Try eating a little bit more. Like instead of skipping lunch, have a nice big salad with some lean protein and top it with a touch of olive oil and vinigar, then for dinner instead of just chicken or fish, have a huge helping of veggies, maybe some black beans or brown rice. It doesnt sound like you are at unhealthy wieght at all. I'm sure you will start to see results if you hang in there.
Cindy219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:57 PM   #8  
Starting Fresh

Just remember... the way you are eating now you wont be able to stick to forever! So what happens when you get to 110? You stop eating the way you are now and you gain it all back.

Remember when you skip meals you body goes into starvation mode and holds on to fat. EAT more!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #9  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

You could of lost a few pounds the first week of water weight. I can weight myself and then 1 hour later weight myself and see a difference now I know I did not lose or gain that much in an hour.

Second you are not eating that much and also drink lots and lots and lots of water. Water will help flush the fat away. Oh yea check and see how much sodium is in one of the cans for breakfast you are drinking it could be that you are retainig water
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #10  

I'm trying to just eat when i am hungry not b/c something looks really good. and i am trying to stay away from junk food also. Okay now this question might sound dumb but like what are some excersizes or whatever that are cardio or strenght training? and i have been taking walks lately to try to loose some weight. And at the doctors i am in the lower part of average for my height and weight, but for my preference i want to still loose a bit. and thank you to everyone who has posted to this!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:05 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul
Oh yea check and see how much sodium is in one of the cans for breakfast you are drinking it could be that you are retainig water
80mg of sodium in carnation instant breakfast
Old 04-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Cardio can be anything from walking to running...you could try aerobics tapes (The Firm is awesome), biking, walk/jog (you could try the couch to 5K program at coolrunning.com), dancing...anything you enjoy doing. Go over to exrx.com for some weight-lifting ideas. Jillian Michaels's Winning by Losing program is great for cardio/strength together. She has lots of DVD's out, or you could try her book. There's magazines such as Oxygen, FitnessRX for Women, Fitness, Shape, Self, etc. that have good programs for strength training, and they also have suggestions for cardio.

Sorry, typed this fast, I'm in a hurry. If you have other questions, PM me, or just ask here!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #13  

ok thanks!