Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:50 PM   #16  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

I see Julia that you just edited your post to say "Mel" instead of "Meg".
You edit a lot after someone else has posted.
It makes me dizzy.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:04 PM   #17  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Want to know why your original post struck a nerve with me?? Because it was RANDOM. Its not like you were posting in response to someone needing help, you were just posting your little article-esque post. Eat less, exercise more.. you think?!?!?!

If you come here for "recreation" as I have seen you post, during your "down time" then why must you be shouting your message, to people who arent asking for an opinion?! Dont you have millions of readers, and "clients" that you shout to all week? We are all women here who are strong enough to do it on our own, thats why we are here. We have each other.

Believe me, if I was going to pay to lose weight, I would go get a nutritionist, and a personal trainer. So if you are soo concerned with "us" then post your plan for free and get it over with. The "Fat Chicks" can post their book here, its THEIR site. Maybe they dont want to publish your plan for review in their book because of your "my way or the highway" attitude. Like Jill said.. its not WHAT you say its HOW you say it.

Also, this IS the internet, you DO this for a living, why should WE believe that you were ever FAT?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:20 PM   #18  
Is on an Infinite Cut

Ok.. so I watched the video, and clearly... u were fat.

So do you have a trainer or not? Cuz the video shows you with a trainer and then you say you dont have a trainer?

Also, how much ice cream did you eat? Cuz they were killing me with showing scoops of ice cream, like it was the only thing that made you fat.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:46 PM   #19  
The Beauty of Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaHavey
I eventually started exercising.
It is apparent that you lost a considerable amount of weight. However, the video and your message here doesn't give me any specifics about your struggle. Other than you gave up ice cream and started to watch what you eat. Please tell me more about the exercises. The video only mentions that you did weight training intensively for 20 minutes once a week.

Quote:
It changed mine, but be careful, you may just become evangelical about helping others and then you open yourself up to criticism..
There is little chance of me becoming "evangelical" about helping others. Though I give 100% to help others, I get back much more than that. One thing I will always be sure of is that I don't know all the answers. Even if something is right for me.. or worked for me.. it doesn't mean it applies to someone else.

If you toned down your message which seems to be 'I CAN HELP YOU. I have the answers' your message would get across better. Listen to yourself at the very end of your tape. "They know they can do it because I did it." I find that a bit arrogant and insensitive to the uniqueness of other peoples struggles.

You can tell others what you have been through. And perhaps someone can glean something from your experience,.. but no one person has the answers for anyone else much less EVERYONE else. That is what makes 3FC so unique. WE are free to express ourselves and respect that other people are following their own paths. Who is to say it won't work for them?

Also, I have already ordered a copy of 3FC and can't wait for it to come out. Of course this site should be promoting the book. It is our story. It is their story. The help I am receiving here and the friends I am making are at least worth me purchasing the book.

I am sure you can find another way to do your "evangelizing" and promoting your own products. The internet is a big place.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:56 PM   #20  
Is on an Infinite Cut

Amen to that Jayde.

Julia, you know.. You say you are on a "mission" I find that hard to believe. The 3FC may be able to call their cause a mission. After all they do supply us a place to HELP each other for FREE. I dont get any ads.. its called a pop up blocker. I spend alot of time on 3FC because I have lost so much weight, and I want to tell people, when they are sad.. that its ok. Help pick them up when they fall, NOT kick them while they are down. Where have you contributed to that?? No where that I have seen.

I am passionate about having lost as much weight as I have. But Im not profiting from it, I probably could. It doesnt take a genius. However, I know when I was overweight, I couldnt PAY to get help. I figured it out on my own, and a person with passion wouldnt want someone else to have to "figure it out".
Old 04-14-2006, 11:57 PM   #21  
The Beauty of Balance

Quote:
Why are you asking about my exercise, it really is apparent that you don't want nor need what I have to say?
Jeeze.. now I AM sorry I even asked.
Because my question and intent really were sincere.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:06 AM   #22  
Julia Havey

Sincere? You guys have bashed me all night. I am sorry I tried to help. So, readytoshed, you believe I was fat, thanks. Like someone would lie about that?

I hope that you ladies are happy with the fact you treated someone very cruely tonight.

My intentions are sincere and my heart has been in this forum trying to help others for many months.

I just spent about a two hours removing all of them and will not bother you folks again.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:10 AM   #23  
The Beauty of Balance

Quote:
Sincere? You guys have bashed me all night. I am sorry I tried to help. So, readytoshed, you believe I was fat, thanks. Like someone would lie about that?

I hope that you ladies are happy with the fact you treated someone very cruely tonight.

My intentions are sincere and my heart has been in this forum trying to help others for many months.

I just spent about a two hours removing all of them and will not bother you folks again.
Please point out where I have been bashing you.
All I did was give you advice.
You give advice.
But when others try to help you.. you call it bashing..
Go figure...
Old 04-15-2006, 12:15 AM   #24  
Julia Havey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde
I find that a bit arrogant and insensitive to the uniqueness of other peoples struggles. I am sure you can find another way to do your "evangelizing" and promoting your own products. The internet is a big place.
I find that a bit harsh. and readytoshed called me a liar saying why should she believe I lost weight.....
Old 04-15-2006, 01:00 AM   #25  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2ShedLBS
Amen to that Jayde.

I spend alot of time on 3FC because I have lost so much weight, and I want to tell people, when they are sad.. that its ok. Help pick them up when they fall, NOT kick them while they are down.
And a wonderful job you do of it, too! I am one who appreciates your encouragement and caring attitude. Thanks!!
Old 04-15-2006, 07:55 AM   #26  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
That would be a dream come true, because we mods have been wondering what to do with you.

To the rest of you ladies and gents... thanks to all of you for your many supportive posts to one another. That's what this forum is all about, and it wouldn't be such a source of comfort without your help.
Closed Thread