Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #1  

Exclamation JUST Fruit and Veggies??????????.

Hey... im 5'1 and 120 lbs. ( that might sound tiny, but i do have some fat around me).. i want to loose 15-20 lbs by may 24( bf's prom) and also i have jeans i want to get into. i work out 4-6x/week and i eat fairly good.. i only drink water, eat wheat bread , fat free milk... etc... i dont eat bad. i also dont really eat a whole lot so in order to loose the wait can i just add more fruits and veggies to my diet instead of going on a strict diet? will i loose the weight?

thanks!
ewynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

If you are already doing all the right things it could just be that your body doesn't want to be any smaller.

You could try tracking everything in fitday to get an idea of how much you really are eating. You may be eating more then you think you are. I know that was the case with me. Or not enough.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

You're talking about wanting to lose over 10% of your current body weight in something like 6 weeks. I think that's an unreasonable goal.

Usually people who are very overweight are more likely to lose weight quickly (they have more to lose). When you don't have much to lose, it comes off slower. At your current weight (which might even be normal weight for your height and build) it would take a lot longer.

I would urge you to focus on continuing your healthy behaviors, finding clothes that flatter your figure, and not worry so much about the numbers on the scale.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Women do have fat around them. Women tend to be anywhere from 20-29% body fat, depending on age. On a 120 pound women, 25% fat is 30 pounds of fat. It's ok, women are meant to be a little on the plusher side.

You may just need to add stregnth training to your work out schedule to tighten up your jiggly spots. You may be at the weight your body wants to be depending on your frame. And you may have just out grown those jeans you want to get back into-not in a fat way but in a body frame way. You say you are going to prom, so I'm guessing you are in high school?

Check out fitday.com, put in all your foods to make sure you are getting enough.

Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:09 PM   #5  
I restore Teeth.

it is unreasonable like wyllen said- you wont LOSE that amount, and its likely that if you lose it, it's mostly water and glycogen that youre losing and NOT mostly weight. If youre already healthy, the body DOESN'T want you to lose it. I've decreased my calorie intake by atleast 3500 each week and excercised more frequently for 3 weeks for it didn;t change my weight because I'm already healthy/ I think the only thing that changed was the size of my appetite.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewynne
Hey... im 5'1 and 120 lbs. ( that might sound tiny, but i do have some fat around me).. i want to loose 15-20 lbs by may 24( bf's prom) and also i have jeans i want to get into. i work out 4-6x/week and i eat fairly good.. i only drink water, eat wheat bread , fat free milk... etc... i dont eat bad. i also dont really eat a whole lot so in order to loose the wait can i just add more fruits and veggies to my diet instead of going on a strict diet? will i loose the weight?

thanks!
I totally agree with everyone else that your weight loss goal is very, very unreasonable. 20 pounds in a month is not going to happen...and it shouldn't. A weight goal of 100 pounds is also very unreasonable, unless you are 4' 10" tall, or 12 years old.

On a frame as small as yours, I think that you would be really, really surprised what a weight loss of 5-8 pounds could do on your tiny frame. That is a much more healthy and reasonable goal.

What you need to understand at your young age, is that it isn't just about pounds on the scale-but about your body composition. That means, not what the scale says, but how much fat and muscle is on your body. You can have a 115 pound woman who is still jiggly...and you can have a 150 pound woman who is muscular with great abs and legs.
It doesn't sound like you really need to lose more than 5 pounds on the scale-but more likely, you need to change your body composition-by gaining muscle and losing body fat percentage. You can do this by your workouts. What exactly are you doing for your workouts, and maybe I can suggest something to help.

Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #7  

i gained 12lbs this year and i want to get back down to where i was so i can fit back into my summer jeans and clothes
Old 04-11-2006, 11:31 AM   #8  

no... it's my bf's prom.... im 20 by bf is 2 years younger then me
Old 04-11-2006, 11:34 AM   #9  

i do 15-20min of cardi and about 45 min. of strength training. im a aerobica instructor so im pretty fit. it's just that i gained some weight since the summer.. not muscle. so i want to loose tht bit of weight i gained and be like i was last summer and fit into the jeans. i bought those jeans late last summer and wore them a couple of times. im not gonna buy new ones, thats insane
Old 04-11-2006, 11:37 AM   #10  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I agree with everyone else, its not possible to lose 20lbs of fat in a month. You probably just need to tighten up. Pilates is a good way to tighten up.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #11  
I restore Teeth.

unless you decide to become the aerobics instructor again, it might be difficult for you to lose the weight. Did you ever get a body fat percentage estimate? If its under 20%, youll find it really hard to actually lose weight. Trust me, I know how it feels to want to fit in a pair of jeans so badly. I have so many expensive pairs (above $150) of jeans in size 24 or 00s, what I used to be 3 years ago. I still have them, but I have no intention of losing my weight because My body fat percentage is at 19%, and I'm healthy. I think toning up should be more important to you than LOSING weight. If you're fit and you can tone up, you should look fine for your bf's prom. To squeeze into your favorite jeans though, and go from a healthy BMI to an underweight BMI is going to be very very very hard. The body will not want to lose muscle if you're already healthy. Toning yourself, however, with low intensity workouts, may burn your fat and help you fit into your jeans.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:49 AM   #12  

yes my body fat % is 15. but that was B4 i gained those 12lbs... so im not sure what it is now. i don't wanna waste money in buying new jeans when i only wore the other ones couple time during the end of summer. also..i wanna look good in a bathing suit (doesnt everyone :/ ) Im still an aerobics instructor. i teach Ab classes and i always workout. it is just the eating part i find difficult. i know whats healthy but.. how much of it do i eat?... when do i eat it?... i've heard sooooooooooooooo many different things b4. I wanna know that what im eating/ what my plan is will make me loose. At least some weight until that time frame
Old 04-12-2006, 06:50 AM   #13  

i know those 12 lbs i gained was fat b/c i was eating HORRIBLY that point. Since i know i can be smalle r(b/c i have been) i wanna get back down their
Old 04-12-2006, 08:10 AM   #14  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

5,1 and a 100 lbs???/
Sorry....but have you talked this over with ure Doctor?
if u want too loose the 12 lbs u gained, I can see that but youre talking 20 lbs in a month! Youre body will be undernourished and you would be just borderlined to being underweight. Acording to the calculators here at the docs. Also what would you change about youre diet?
youre eating right, you drinking youre water maybe its just youre body telling you that youre out growing youre teenager Body.
Sorry but at 20 years old youre Body will change ......and later on in Life it will change again......

Whatever u do make sure u stay healthy!!!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:18 AM   #15  
I restore Teeth.

if you want to get back DOWN to what you were before (15% is really low... because 12% is the BASE low for women) you should consult a doctor. There's really no help other than that because women in this forum, like I, are all more for the "health" aspect. I think everyone wants to lose pounds and look great, but NONE of us are willing to sacrifice our health. (meaning, never going lower than what is healthy, in terms of calories per day or weight, % body fat) I'm kind of hoping that 3FC members all realize that our priority and our initiative was HEALTH and NOT aesthetics. As for fitting into your previous jeans, if you really want to lose weight and look good in a bathing suit, you might have to find a personal trainer, even though you are a trainer yourself... because doctors will look at you and dietitians will look at you as if you were crazy for wanting to go back to 15% body fat. Believe me, I worked with dietitians and gastroenterologists, and endocrinologists and they think I'm crazy for wanting to be lower than 19% body fat. (which is why I abandoned that idea anyway)

added: also, youre already fit. Techinically, moderation of foods is best for you. If you want to eat healthier, than just nix the "bad junk" you have, IF you eat any....