Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Default How Did You Decide You Goal Weight?

Just wondering what made you decide your goal weight? How many times have you changed it? Im curious to know what everyone has to say, Ive had trouble deciding what my goal weight should be.
Lady Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #2  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I had only said that when I got to 190 that would be enought. I look at my fitday and saw that that was still overweight so I went down to 175. Thats how I got my goal..
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

i based my goal weight on when i remeber being comfortable in my body. and for my height and age. in 2002 i was 133 lbs...i was happy at that weight. i have since gained 35lbs...that took me to about 168lbs...joined weight watchers in 2004 and lost about 20 lbs....which took me down to 148....gained back close to 10 since then which leads me to about now...i dont know my actual weight because it fluctates between 152 to 157 all the time. not sure where that darn 5 pounds keeps coming from...i eat right and excersice...so i am stumped! last night before i went to bed i was 157.. this morning i am 153??? what the heck? i lost 4 freaking pounds over night? i just posted a on the forum about this..alot of replys saying it could be from retaining water....and that you always weigh less in the am because while your sleeping your body is hybernating...
sheilamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #4  

I was a size 12 at 170 so many years ago. At 5'9", that's a nice size on me. That's where I want to get back to, but really, anything under 200 works!

El
Elektralite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

1. Past experience: My lowest adult weight was 130 (back when I was 18) and I knew I could still stand to lose a few then.

2. People I know: My mother has weighed 110 lbs all my life (and has looked pretty good) and is 2 inches shorter than I am.

3. BMI (Body Mass Index): I probably should have listed this one first. It's not the best indicator of what you should weigh, but it's a good start if you need an initial guide of what a healthy weight should be.

4. People I don't know: There are statistics online of what celebrities weigh. Keep in mind, these are of models and actresses, so they represent one side of extremes and not goals necessarily. But they do make for an interesting comparison. I found that Jenifer Lopez (I focused on her because I'm also Puerto Rican, and we're not really meant to be as skinny as "the white girls" as my mother would call them) is 5'6" and weighs 120 lbs. So I figured that I'm 2 inches shorter than she is, but I'm a "normal person" so it would be ok to weigh a bit more.

5. Reevaluation: Once I reach my goal, I'll determine whether or not I feel comfortable at that weight and then I'll decide whether I could lose a few more or just work on maintaining.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #6  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

I used the calculator at the Self Magazine website to determine my "ideal weight," which I then adjusted to be my goal weight. Once I reach that goal I may want to go ahead and get rid of 10 more pounds or so, but I'm playing it be ear!!

~jess~
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #7  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

Right now, I'm just aiming to get into ONEderland. I haven't been there since like.. late elementary/early junior high school which is like over 10 years ago. After that, I'll see how I look and more importantly how I feel.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I have a goal of losing 100 lbs. I'm pretty sure I won't want to go lower, but I may go a bit higher. It all depends on what my body wants to do once it gets in the 160s.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

After my first pregnancy I was in the 170's...and I was pretty comfortable there. I am hoping with having exercise on my side this time it will translate to smaller sizes. BUt if you take BMI I need to get into the 140"s. I am going to see how I feel and what DH says. He does not want me to get too skinny...would like to see me at what I was 6yrs ago.

Side note~I have not been in the 140's since grammer school.
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilamarie
i based my goal weight on when i remeber being comfortable in my body.
That's what I did

Actually I've gone ABOVE what I used to be. I was around 125. But that was years ago and your body changes and I don't think I'd look good at 125 anymore because even now, even though I still want to lose a few more pounds, I think my face is too thin.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #11