3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Feeling really depress.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:13 PM   #16

Height: 5'8.5"

Good points, Veggielover... we want the scales to go down sooooooooooooooooooooooo badly and when we are fortunate, they do. Friday mine went UP a pound... drat drat drat! BUT it was okay because I KNOW I have been eating right, walking, exercising etc. I am trying! And it just doesn't happen overnight.

Another thing that is helping me sooooooooooooooo much is cooking things ahead in a crockpot and freezing them in individual portions. I have fantastic meals with very little effort. Right now I just started a big pot of chicken stroganoff, YUM.... can't WAIT; and I have fresh red peppers and asparagus to bake for dinner, with some sweet potato or maybe a baked ear of corn. Now this is NOT "poor me" food! MUCH better than junk!!

Yes it takes some discipline but it's really not that hard!

First major goal met 12/7/12. Next major goal ONEderland!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #17
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Making the decision to be healthier and lose weight is a huge commitment - the fact that you've already made that decision, and obviously done well with it so far (30 lbs is a HUGE accomplishment) puts you miles ahead of most people out there (as in, beyond 3FC!). It's scary, and it's exciting, and it's incredibly brave - isn't it so much easier to not bother because at least then you can't fail? What you've done so far has taken a huge amount of physical and mental and emotional strength, and every now and then it's all going to feel pretty overwhelming, like now. I've experienced the same feelings as you - I get up in the morning, put on a pretty outfit, feel great as I go about my day and then, at some point, see my reflection in a window and start thinking I'm ugly and gross and just want to crawl back home and climb into bed (with a tub of Hagen-Daaz, of course). but i know I'll feel even worse if I give in to those feelings, so I miserably push on until I start feeling good about myself again.
Maybe you should take a good look at your diet and exercise plan, and see what it is that's making you so unhappy. I can't recommend any specific changes, since it's different for everyone, but don't be afraid to change some aspects if it'll make you happier. And maybe try doing something just for yourself that's completely unrelated to your weight - take an art class or volunteer at the SPCA - something that makes you happy, because, really, the point is to make you feel better about yourself, in all aspects.
Please don't give up - you'll get plenty of support here, and we all know how you're feeling. You've already done so well - I'd love to see you keep going!

sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #18

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra_ttw
Making the decision to be healthier and lose weight is a huge commitment - the fact that you've already made that decision, and obviously done well with it so far (30 lbs is a HUGE accomplishment) puts you miles ahead of most people out there (as in, beyond 3FC!).
That is sooooooooooooooooooo true! And includes many of them who are thin and may LOOK healthy but don't have good nutrition. Besides, you are YOU; you were never intended to be anyone else! Just hang in there... you are off to a great start!

First major goal met 12/7/12. Next major goal ONEderland!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.