3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   my rock bottom (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/80403-my-rock-bottom.html)

perfect107 03-31-2006 09:49 AM

my rock bottom

the other day i looked at myself in the mirror and my stomach was sticking out to such a degree that it appeared i was a few months pregnant! in fact, last time i was home on break my mother asked me if i was, and i thought nothing of it at the time, but now that i think back, i'm spiralling down into a fat abyss. i need to get a hold of myself, and i'm doing it slowly- i havent bought candy from a vending machine in a week, and it's been a twice-daily habit for at least a couple of months!

lumifan4ever 03-31-2006 09:54 AM

GOOD GOING!! you can do it. look, you've already lost 16 pounds. just keep up the good work and you will reach your goal. have faith in your strength and you will achieve your goal!! :)

Margarita 03-31-2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perfect107
i need to get a hold of myself, and i'm doing it slowly- i havent bought candy from a vending machine in a week, and it's been a twice-daily habit for at least a couple of months!

That's a great start! Little things do add up, so please don't get discouraged. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you get motivated to make a real change. You can achieve your goal weight if you just take it day by day.

ladybugfun 03-31-2006 04:01 PM

I also look pregnat, 9 months or more, for some reason most of my fat goes right to my tummy. Its descusting. I cant stand it. That will be my biggest victory, A flat or close to it tummy!!!!! You are doing so good keep it up!!!!!!

Ariannas 03-31-2006 04:08 PM

I had my second child (and second c-section) almost 2 years ago and I still look pregnant. I'm afraid that even after I get to goal I will still have a tummy :(

shawnamadonna1013 03-31-2006 05:45 PM

you're doing great but isnt 107 a little low for 5'3? I'm 5'3 too and i'm personally aiming for 115. I've never actually been 107 or 115 so I could be wrong, but it seems low to me.

sotypical 03-31-2006 05:47 PM

I thought the same thing and I checked - it is still a healthy weight. I am 5'3 as well and I am aiming for 130!

n2lose 03-31-2006 09:10 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I look pregnant, especially with certain shirts. I've had to turn down shirts I really liked recently just because they made me look pregnant.

perfect107 04-01-2006 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnamadonna1013
you're doing great but isnt 107 a little low for 5'3? I'm 5'3 too and i'm personally aiming for 115. I've never actually been 107 or 115 so I could be wrong, but it seems low to me.

everybody looks good at different weights, and i may change my mind as i get closer to my goal, but i remember looking really good at 107. i really dont care what the scale says though- i think the mirror is a better judge than the scale, but its just easier to come up with a goal weight than a 'goal look' if you know what i mean :)

thanks for all the positive words girls! i'm trying...