Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #16  

That's great!

I haven't had regular soda in... I don't even know. I have diet soda sometimes though, when I run out of iced tea and water just isn't appealing. But sometimes, I just can't get past that chemical taste and I throw it out and make some sugarless lemonade instead while the tea is brewing.

Breaking the soda addiction gets easier with time! Don't worry if you give in occasionally. It happens. I did it, but the cave-ins got fewer and farther between (and mostly consisted of diet soda) as I lost my taste for soda as I considered how a diet of water and iced tea made me feel as opposed to soda. And the extra calories freed up from soda was great. I can't get over the crazy idea of drinking calories -- I want food, darn it! I was taking in an easy 500-700 calories a day on soda alone! It's sooo not worth it to me. That is either a wonderful meal or 1lb a week if I don't replace those calories.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:55 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrprincess144
Try Fruit juice and selter water if you really need something fizzy!
Yes that is my yummy fizzy too!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #18  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Former Mt. Dew addict here. Haven't had one in 9 months and very proud of this. I have found that if I get in my 80 oz. of water a day, I'm too full for a soda anyway. I used to have 1 or 2 diet soda's a day, but skip those now too. I think the soda is one of the worst habits I had, and certainly put a lot of lbs. on me, I used to drink at least 6 a day. Congrat's on realizing that this is where a lot of calories, sugar and lbs. come from. Good Luck
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #19  

Good for you Lilybelle! That is a huge accomplishment!!! And one which will help a great deal with your health AND your pocketbook.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

That's a hard thing to do, and you should be proud of yourself! It's hard to remember why everyone loves soda so much... it's totally unnatural, ruins your teeth and digestive tract, etc. Yay for the healthier you!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:47 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegdaeien
It's hard to remember why everyone loves soda so much... it's totally unnatural, ruins your teeth and digestive tract, etc. Yay for the healthier you!
Exactly! And it is so appealingly marketed to us... the diet stuff... as being GOOD and helping in weight loss etc, that we tend to buy into it!! If we go start researching what is really IN it and what it does to us we think twice!!
Old 03-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #22  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I drink Diet Soda 1 or 2 cans a day. But I also drink at least 3 liters of water at least 5 days a week (have a hard time remembing to drink it when I am not at work) - is diet soda okay as long as I drink water? Or should I cut it out all together?
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 5'6"

sotypical: I had a sweets craving last night so I bought a 500ml bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper. I haven't had any sort of soda in weeks. It sure hit the spot and was a lot better than a chocolate bar or somesuch, but when I weighed myself the next morning my weight was up 1.2lbs. I don't think I actually gained that, but I sure felt bloated and was gassy. I can't say for sure that the soda was the cause, but everything else I did that day was fairly consistent with what I usually do. So for me, I try to stay away from all soda, even diet.
Kashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #24  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Okay! I am going to try and not drink any soda for a week... I havent have any today! I will try for a week and see how I feel. I will probably go thru withdrawls! lol - but I see everyone else did it, so can I! But that is how I convince myself to drink the water... "drink 3 liters of water and you can have a soda when you get home!" lol
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote