Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/218/145

Exclamation Accurate Weigh In (women only please)

I finally got an accurate weigh in on a brand new scale at the Dr.'s office. So I am starting over with a new starting weight. Since Friday, I have lost one pound, so I am on my way.

I am frustrated though. How does one make it through those time of the month cravings?

Thanks!!

Have a great day!
vaughnc5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I give in to my cravings. If I want a piece of chocolate, then it's chocolate I will have. And most times I can have it and forget about it and it doesn't lead to anything else. If I try to distract myself with "substitute" foods like apples or low calorie chocolate anything, I'm most likely just to eat lots more of the substitute food because it's not what I wanted in the first place!!

This morning I had a Flake chocolate bar, I only realised this afternoon it's because TOM is here! Somedays you just need some chocolate!

Oh and also... Don't beat yourself up about having a treat now and again
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #3  
takin it one lb at a time

OH boy... I'm at my TOM right now. It's killin me, lol. I have this bottle of coke that's been sitting on my desk for the past two days (unopened). I'm proud of myself for not drinking it but I may have to dispose of it or else it'll be gone by the end of my TOM.

I agree with 2frustrated. If you want chocolate... eat a little bit. Just make sure to plan it in with your calories. Don't eat a piece of chocolate cake then two bowls of kids cereal and ice cream and all that stuff. If you don't feel like exercising (I know I don't during that TOM!) just remember that you'll feel a WHOLE lot better once you've done your workout.
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I have difficulties with moderation - I am jealous of people who can eat a small portion of something sweet and then stop. I came to terms with the fact I have some weird sugar addiction - if I eat anything sweet (even sugar free things!) I immediately want more and more.

When I was losing weight and I craved something sweet, I ate fruit. It satisfied my sweet tooth without making me feel out of control.

I know moderation works for a lot of people, I wish it worked for me!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #5  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm with Glory. I can't just have one small piece of chocolate and stop. Maybe if you could buy chocolate in small packages that didn't come with a ton more I'd be okay now and then. Otherwise, chocolate is just so high in calories I have to save it for a very occasional treat and make sure there's no way I can get my hands on any more to keep going.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #6  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

TOM....dont even talk about food I have a hard time eating now.....to much pain....I am in the middle of mine now...I dont want to talk about food....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:34 AM   #7  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

My mom and I buy bags of Ghirardeli 60% choco dark chocolate that are packaged in small squares. Dark chocolate is good for you, and if I take just one it solves my sweet tooth. I also like those sugar free chocolate pudding cups.
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:02 PM   #8  

I have been so horrible today. I am sitting here after having a horrible lunch, (I didn't touch the one I packed for myself) I have had 2 chocolate bars, and a diet coke.

GRRRRRRRR
Old 03-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #9  

AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

ooooh no!!!! not 2 chocolate bars!!! it's okay hun, at least you had a diet coke. just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and get back on the wagon for the rest of the day. i am sooooo fighting a chocolate craving right now. why am i not giving into it??? because i had a small peice of chocolate candy after lunch, and then before i had my apple, i had a small fun size of m&m's. so i have to say NO!!!!! to anymore junk food. i must be strong. i may take a 100 cal pack of the chips ahoys i have with me for after the gym. i may need something before i get home to help me not pig out when i do get home. or i may take another apple with me. if i remember to grab it before i leave work. then i just have to be sure i stop at kroger on my way to work in the morning to pick up some more apples for the rest of the week.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Step away from the chocolate!!!

So you had a horrible lunch followed by 2 chocolate bars and a diet coke... start with a healthy dinner and maybe some exercise? All is not lost. I used to be with the camp that said "oh I blew it, might as well make it a cheat DAY". No more! You CAN start again with your next meal. For me, a cheat day can lead to another cheat day then another.... it's a downward spiral from there. Just clear your mind and start again, now.

PMS cravings and TOM are tough. I reach for salty/sweet things, like trail mix with salty peanuts and sweet chocolate chips. I try not to even have calorie-dense things like that in the house. I am also one who can not just have one piece of good chocolate if the whole bar/box is there. So I try not to have it in the house.

I DO substitute these things with low-fat, low cal treats like Skinny Cow or Slim A Bear ice cream bars, or Healthy Choice fudge bars, or for salty, baked potato chips. I'm pretty much a junk food junkie so these are baby-steps for me. There's always a way to fit in a treat, after all, we're eating healthier to lose weight or maintain it right? We've got to learn to do it for life so we don't have to fight this big fight again and again (it's my 3rd time around BTW ) Don't beat yourself up, just reset your thinking and go for it.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #12  

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I had one small (approx 4 oz) slice of pot roast, and a spinach salad for dinner. All is not lost, it is just my TOM, and I have midterms in two days. Food has always been a comfort thing for me. I don't have many friends left after my marriage broke up, and I comfort myself with eating. I have been seeing a therapist about it, but it just doesn't help during this particular time. I just need to keep going and not let it bug me if I slip up, but don't slip up alot!