Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

It gets easier, but then occasionally I just have a day where I am flat out hungry.

When that happens I have a good big something that fills me up. This helps me avoid snacking like crazy because I am so hungry. And then I just write it off. If I go a little off program once or twice a week, that is nothing compared to my daily intake before starting WW.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i don't know how many calories i was taking in before i started watching what i eat, but nowadays, i have a hard time getting however many calories i am trying for that day. one day this week, i barely got over 800. then yesterday i went over 1600. but for most days, i stick around 1300. but i'm still learning how to eat. i am trying to add new items and see how they work in my diet. this past week has been tuna. i have gone thru ALOT of tuna.

i think it does get easier. i have a ten pack of the single serving 3 muskateer bars in my drawer at work. they have been in there for about 2 weeks and i haven't even opened them. when i think about one for a snack in the after noon, i tell myself....go get the apple. if you still want one after that, then you can have one. but i never do want one. my apples are the sweetest i have ever tasted. i buy only fugi apples and the redder, the sweeter.

so, to answer your question. yes, it does get easier. but you do have to eat smaller meals and eat them about every 3 hours. i don't even eat breakfast until i get to work at 8:30. then lunch is 12, but i walk for half an hour first, so i eat at 12:30, then a snack at 3:30 and then dinner when i get home from work at about 6:30. or i have a bannana after the gym and then dinner at about 7:30 when i get home.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #18  
Julia Havey

Yes, it does get easier! Water is your best tool for "hunger" or starvation feelings! If you drink 64 ounces up to 1/2 your body weight in fluid ounces, you will find that you feel "hungry" less often and more full when eating.

And, so much of your old behavior and feelings are habits, and the longer you go with your new lifestyle and behaviors, the more comfortable and second nature they will seem!

It has been 10 years since I lost my 130 pounds and I promise you, it is neither 'easy' nor 'hard' to live this way now, it just IS. This is who I am and what my life is now, healthy in just about every way. sure, there are dinners out that may exceed my normal regime, but they are few and far between. I keep my constants of water, exercise, and NOT having those few food itmes which controlled me the most as non-negotiable must do parts of my life, they are consistant therefore my maintainence has been consistent.
Julia
JuliaHavey is offline   Reply With Quote