I Need Your Advise!!!!

• Ok... I am really frustrated and disapointed with myself. I am trying to loose about 10lbs and I am not able to do loose it! I workout 5-6 days per week mixing cardio classes, weight training and yoga. I eat very healthy/low calorie all day long but after dinner in the evening between the time of 7:45-9:00pm I snack. I feel like I can't stop myself. I'm not even hungry but yet I still munch on raisins, peanuts, cereal, ff cottage cheese, oatmeal, fruit, things that are healthy but they still contain calories and I don't need to eat them. I live alone and after working all day then either going to the gym and working out, or teaching a yoga class I just want to go home eat dinner and relax. So sorry for going on like this but I was wanting some advise from others that have overcome this issue. It's really weird but it seems like after 9 the snack cravings subside. Any thoughts???
  • I am doing weight watchers and I snack at night as well, but I have points left to do so. It doesn't matter how late you eat, just as long as you eat less calories than you are using. If you are not hungry, then try to get in the habit of doing something else. You need to replace the eating habit with a tea habit or writing habit. Brushing your teeth helps. And you may also want to save some calories for late at night since you know that you eat at that time. It takes some time, and I think people will always struggle with it. But, try to hold out for just a week, look at the scale and your clothes, and may be the changes in your body will make you more motivated.
  • Instead of eating... try to:

Brush your teeth when you're done eating dinner.
    Put on crest white strips.
    Drink water (flavored if you prefer).
    Get your meals ready for the next day.
    Paint your nails or toes.
    Pluck your eye brows.
    Take a relaxing bath or a nice hot shower.
    or anything else that'll distract you from eating.
  • I agree with Melissa. Find something else to occupy your time. I do a lot of these things in the evening when my hubby and daughter are enjoying icecream or candy or cakes. Instead of sitting and watching them I will go work on my scrapbooking or paint my nails or whatever.
    I imagine its more difficult if you're there by yourself but don't give up.
  • Can you play with your feeding times (makes you sound like a zoo animal - sorry ) I have a late evening meal, due to my work finishing time, and that solves the night snacking!!! If you split your meals into 5 mini meals rather than three, that could help too.

if it's just boredom, then the diversion tactics suggested will be really helpful for you.