Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #16  
takin it one lb at a time

If you're ever again feeling hopeless about eating the cake.. cut a piece of the cake off and put it on a plate with a fork. Then.. put your favorite fruit on a plate with your favorite type of nut or a glass of water or juice. Put them both in front of you... if you still want the cake, then take a bite. Usually... if it's something that I wanted, like a bottle of soda, then I take a drink or a bite of it... I say to myself, "You know what? This isn't as good as I thought it was going to be..." then I throw it out because it just wasn't worth it. I was craving it because it was what I ate when I wasn't on a diet. It's what was good to me... it's what comforted me. Now that I'm eating healthier, I know what was so bad about what I ate, and it just doesn't appeal to me anymore. The emotional attachment isn't there anymore... and it just doesn't really taste all that good like it used to.
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:03 PM   #17  
FiferJanis

S/C/G: 237.5/237.5/175

Height: 5'10"

I know my TOM is coming up... so rather than deprive myself of the bag of doritoes, or sit down and eat an entire bag, I bought a bag of the "lite" doritoes and spent some time this morning measuring out single-servings... into a bunch of little baggies, and put them all in the cupboard. Now I have little 100 cal. 2gm fat "snacks" all doled out for me so I don't reach down into the bag for another chip and realize I went through an entire (large) bag of doritoes.

The rest (not going back for more baggies) is going to be a matter of will-power and discipline. But like everyone says, I've been doing this too long now to give up! (I went through the 1-month blahs too. Just get through today... then get through tomorrow, and the next day...)

I know it feels like a chore at times, but "Just do it." You'll be so much happier when you're more worried about choosing the next dress-size down than cookie-cravings.

I know all about the stress and "Man, I wish I didn't have to go to the gym today/this week." I'm going through final exams right now, 10 projects at work that need to be done this week, etc. etc., but I've decided the one thing I'm NOT going to sacrifice is my gym time or lunch time!

Not only would it lead to "falling off the wagon," but being a chained-to-the-desk no-time-for-me workaholic is what got me putting back 60 of the 75 lbs I'd lost years ago. (No time to exercise, only ate once a day, etc.)

I've made a decision that I have to put me first. Other people work 9-5, so there's no reason I should have to work 9-9. I need to live too. And the gym is "me" time as well as fitness time. It's kind of relaxing, just puttering around on all the "toys." And you really do feel better once you get it out of the way. Hang in there! We've been there, we're still there, but we're going, and we're all here for each other!

--Janis
busker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:24 PM   #18  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
And remember, this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle chang
BROVO!!!!!!!!!! TRUE!!!!!!!!!
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:15 AM   #19  

this has beene really motivating i really appreciate all you time and advice... it is easy to feel like part of a family here! i am having a hard time and it semed easier last week thatn this week, but i am coping. i have been checking the scale religously everyday( i know... thats probably a bad idea.) but it hasn't moved so atleast i didn't gain any weight! Thanks again, for helping me to not feel so alone!!!!
missprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #20  
takin it one lb at a time

You're welcome.
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

If you food journal or keep some sort of record of your accomplishments, go now and re-read them ... and read again, till you remember how good it feels to have control over your body.

Anyways, that is what I do
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote