Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2006, 08:18 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Wink lizzbabe... and anyone else

interested in fitday

checked out your fitday! wow- tell me more about this protien pudding!? I could use a way to add protien to my diet, without high carbs or fat. Is it tasty? Where do you get it?

Your fitday looks great. I kind of realized that its hard to analyze because you can't see other's nutritional goals (ie vitamins etc) they are getting per day.

So I dont know how helpful checking out fitdays will be, except that it will keep us honest and make sure we write it in because we know we have someone checking.

I have been having a hard time getting my iron and vit k in. Any suggestions?

I also have been taking in HUGE amounts of vit A (and as this is fat soluable, i am mildly aware that this might not be great)... but i've heard you can't overdose as long as its in beta carotine form.... any thoughts?

ttyl!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

thanks for looking at my fitday. the protein pudding I buy at GNC--i got some on a super clearance but normally it's $6 for 4 puddings (100cals, 20 g protein). I only have tried vanilla and it tastes pretty good to me though I hear the other flavors are better. i am aiming for 100g protein a day and more than 25 g fiber.

as far as vitamin A I know that you don't want to get too much but I haven't heard about whether the beta carotine form is better or not. i know you can turn orange from too many carrots though!

i have trouble getting iron too if I'm not eating enough meat--you're not vegetarian are you? spinach is a great source of vitamin K and iron so I try to buy the baby stuff for salads...that reminds me to get to the store lol. vitamin D is usually pretty low for me...I try to make it up with sunshine!

anyway gotta run to work but look forward to checking in with you.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

the only thing i know about Vitamin A is that is what they make the acne medication Accutane out of. and it can be dangerous to the liver. too much Vitamin A can dry out your liver. when you are on Accutane, they have to draw blood from you like every four weeks to make sure it is not damageing your liver. i know because i used to take accutane when i was in high school. i'm sure you probably are not taking too much of it, but still, you should be careful about taking too much of any one vitamin. i have been taking a multivitamin i bought for my teenage daughter. they seem to be doing pretty well, i have noticed my hair is looking much more healthy since i have been taking it.

and about the fitday, i also like to look at other peoples so i can see what sorts of foods they may eating. how many proteins vs carbs vs fats they are getting and so others can see mine to tell me if i should be adding something or taking something away. i don't include water on my fitday, but that is just aobut all i ever drink except for two ounces of oj with my vitamin.

the pudding sounds good but i could never afford that much money for such a food item. but good luck to you two.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #4  

lumifan, feel free to post your fitday link too and we can take a look. i couldn't afford the pudding at regular price either. i was lucky they had it on sale for $1.74/4-pk and since I bought out all they had they discounted it even further. The expiration is mid-march so I have to eat the remaining cups in the next two weeks.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

i don't know what happened to my fitday link, so there is the long version of the link. don't have time to find the way to have it just say "My fitday". it's about time to go to lunch. but there it is anyways. I tend to go ahead and plan my whole day into it so i can see where i stand before the end of the day. i'll know if i need to change anything or add or delete something from my menu. today looks like a pretty good day. i am on a low calorie day. tomorrow i'll try to take it back up to about 1600 for two or three days before dropping it back down at the end of the week.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:12 AM   #6  

wait wheres the link?? sorry if i am just not seeing it. i got some spinach today (baby) and i am going to start doing some egg white omelets in the am.... iron here i come! also got some bananas for some potas. woohoo.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:46 AM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Can you add protein powder to fat free pudding?
I used to make oatmeal with 3-4 egg whites mixed in then for sweetening I added a scoop of Gorilla Vanilla protein powder,,,adding more then normal water would make it feel creamy with the pwder and I would gulp it down. very tasty.
Thing is I can't find more of this powder...I know Labador made it. Been to the wed site and everything.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #8  

I've been away from the computer for a couple days so my fitday is not updated but i know yesterday wasn't nearly enough on protein or fiber. grrr. I did good on fruits and veggies though!

on the protein powders I have mixed mine with cottage cheese and found that to be pretty good (it was chocolate caramel flavored GNC brand)
Old 03-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #9  
Give me strength

I know so many people who can mix their powders with CC or their yogurts...I just about gag at the thought. Yes I tried it first...just don't like the texture. (What I child I am)
I love to make my own salsas...and will can huge batches of it since we eat alot of it. I usually eat my CC with a huge TBS of salsa. Yum!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #10  

Mmm my boyfriend always does the salsa--the spicier the better, and I agree it is really good with the CC. I used to not even be able to LOOK at CC without getting grossed out so I have come a long way.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #11  

woohoo im doing better on the prot. got some egg whites, pork chops, ground turkey (dont think i got just the breast though... next time)
Old 03-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fat n da furious
I used to make oatmeal with 3-4 egg whites mixed in then for sweetening I added a scoop of Gorilla Vanilla protein powder,,,adding more then normal water would make it feel creamy with the pwder and I would gulp it down. very tasty.
Thing is I can't find more of this powder...I know Labador made it. Been to the wed site and everything.
One of the *best* 'treats' is homemade protein pudding:

*Jello sugarfree/fat free pudding mix (I use the 6-serving box)
*as much skim milk as the box calls for
*2 scoops of protein powder (I use Pure Whey chocolate powder)

Mix it all up, it sets just like regular pudding. 1 serving (I have it a cup at a time, so 1 cup) is 250 calories, 1 gr fat, 32 gr carbs (1 gr fiber) and 25 gr protein. Yum! You can't taste the protein powder, at all. (Probably because I use chocolate.)

It does NOT keep for very long--half a week, about. That's why I eat it a cup at a time.
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:57 PM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
I
I make it all the time... I add 4 scoops of protein power to a package of vanilla pudding...

Here is my recipe Protein Oatmeal for breakfast:

1/3 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. egg whites
1/2 c. milk or soy milk...
Splenda and vanilla to taste...

Microwave the whole thing for a minute, beat it with a whisk, repeat twice for a total of 3 minutes in the microwave... add raisins if you wish... I this concoction!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #14  
Give me strength

use a blender then pour on to a skillet and make pancakes...I use yogurt as a topping...yum! or eat it plain like cookies,,,and its on the go food. Same things just cooked differently.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
use a blender then pour on to a skillet and make pancakes...I use yogurt as a topping...yum! or eat it plain like cookies,,,and its on the go food. Same things just cooked differently.
That's true da fat n da furious, here is my recipe for pancakes...

1/3 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup cottage chees
1/3 cup egg whites
vanilla and splenda
blend till smooth, then pour in a pan to make on big pancake or 2-3 smaller ones...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote