What am I doing wrong??

• Please look at my Fitday for the last week and tell me what the **** I am doing wrong. I have not seen any loss for some time now. I do the elliptical for 40 minutes 4-5 times a week and weight training 3 days a week. I do know I have kind of slacked off on fruits and veggies this week, is that the problem? Any insight anyone can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=Rosebud64
  • You are probably getting toned up.

The weight will come off. I know it is frusterating to wait for it, but it will happen.
  • Cheryl - you're not doing anything wrong except not being patient. My gosh, you've lost 27 pounds in less than two months!!! That's amazing!

Sometimes our bodies just need a breather to 'catch up'. You've been through some pretty dramatic changes recently. I read that when a fat cell empties out, sometimes the contents are replaced by water and the scale says the same, though the nasty fat is gone. You just have to wait for a big water whoosh and then the scale will go down.

Weight loss was never steady for me (and isn't for most people). During the year that I was losing weight, I lost anywhere from 4 to 17 pounds in a month. Doing exactly the same things!

My advice to you is -- hang in there! It sounds like you're doing all the right things already. Consistency is what's going to get you to goal - doing all the right things, day after day after day. Don't let the scale discourage you - I think you're a fabulous success!
  • you may want to try a tape measure in stead of the scale
    here what I found
    ........Then-Now
    Hips 58----47
    Wist 50----41
    Bust 60----48

I have a stall in my weight loss every three weeks...so I do this...
  • You're in the same boat as me. I exercise 5 days a week, watch what I eat, and actually gained 2 pounds over the past 2 weeks. Everybody who looks at my fitday says I have too much carbs and too little protien. Your's looks similar to mine. I am a total carb addict, so that is hard for me, but I've been trying to cut the carbs--I'll do more next week. My doctor said "no white" meaning no rice, potatos or white breads or crackers. It's hard, but when I stick to that, I see the weight change. Try cutting out the muffins and add some more protien instead of that.
  • Definately, you are building some muscle! Which may frustrate you right now, as you want to see the scale moving, but good in the long run, since having more toned muscles will help you burn more fat! Definately take your measurements. I do once a month, and even if you don't SEE the difference, you'll know that there is some! NSV's rock! lol
  • you do have a few high carb days but you look okay overall...the only thing I see wrong is that your not eating enough calories....for your weight 1200 and under is not enough...and then with exercise added in your not getting enough calories in to burn too....your body is holding on to what you are giving it..I was doing the same thing as you and then I uped my intake to around 1400 and started losing again and more than before