Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #1  

Unhappy I give UP!!!!!

This stupid weight loss thing is just pissing me off now! I mean I know it's my only chance to even look half way decent but it DOESN'T work!! I've been working my butt off I got lazy for a bit but I picked up again. I've lost 9kgs which is like 20 pounds I think but I can't see a difference my clothes still fit fine and noone has said anything and I feel fatter then any other time in my life. WHY?? I'm only doing it to feel better and after all this time and lost weight I can't see a difference and it's making me feel really crappy I just feel like crying. Am I doing something wrong?? I'm eating healthy I'm going to the gym regularly and i can't see the difference it's SO frustrating!! I know everyone will tell me to just keep going but I need to see results for the motivation and they just aren't coming!!
ashory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:28 PM   #2  

I totally understand where you are comming from.. all i can offer is a big *hugg*
Losingitin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #3  
movin' it to loose it

S/C/G: 234/230/134 BMI:35.6/35.4/20.4

I just had my first session with a personal trainer. I don't know how long you've been at it, but she told me it would take atleast 6-8 weeks to really notice....and to not give up, because the changes we are making ARE HEALTHIER than the alternative!!

Trust me, I feel you! I've only been at it now for about a week and a half and when I think of how long it's actually going to take me....arrrrgggghh! That's why I've got to break it into smaller intervals for sure!
fouripleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

If you give up now where will you be in a year? At the same spot you are now, feelling crapy or crapier because you didn't stick to it... If you continue, you WILL feel better about yourself, even if you lose only 10# in a year, that's 10# less than you are now... Sometimes too our whole internal body needs to adjust to the new excercise routine, new foods... Hang in there if you keep plugging away it WILL eventually show. Take up a new exercise, belly dancing, dancing, jogging, swimming, anything!! Have fun ...

And hey, you've lost 20#, that's 20# that you were carrying around last year that you have don't have anymore...

Hang in there
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/213/199

well for starters you have lost weight :-) and your hang up could be lots of things, you can eat healthy and still eat too much to lose weight, try journaling it can be a real eye opener :-O or you fat intake could be higher than you realize, also if you have been working out possibly you could have gained some muscle, the only other suggestion I can make is to reduce the amount of refined carbs you eat (bread pasta rice) and eat more VEGGIES :-)
Tazzieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #6  
No description available.

Go to the dairy aisle and pick up 20 pounds of butter. You have lost a significant amount of weight. Keep on keepin on!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

You are just building muscle, I'm sure...which is why you may not notice a change in APPEARANCE...but I'm sure you feel better...and you're trying to lose the weight, which is what really matters. Hun, I've lost 40 pounds, and it really doesn't look like it to me, but my b/f notices. People WILL start to notice! You can't give up, or like another has already said, you'll feel WORSE about yourself. Do you want to be a fat HEALTHIER person for right now, or just a fat slob? Sorry so harsh, there...but I don't want you to give up!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #8  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Hey Ashory.. sorry you're feeling crappy... I hope you don't give up!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #9  

Please don't give up, Ashory. As for people not commenting, sometimes people are unobservant, shy, or don't want to make a big deal. The same thing has happenned to me in the past, but then the clothes start feeling looser and the compliments start pouring in. Plus, you want to do this for your health.
jrnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:06 PM   #10  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Don't give up Ashory, you can do this. Just stick to it and eventually it will pay off...it has to. Twenty pounds is a lot, you should be proud of yourself.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:36 AM   #11  
twinsplusone

S/C/G: 288/257/200

Don't give up!!! You have to remember also that your body freaks out when you start losing weight. It trys to hold on to everything for awhile....Just keep pushing on it will start to come off again. Also...think about how long it took for you to gain the weight....I know for me it happened over three years...Its not going to melt off of you...It's a battle and sometimes it seems like you're fighting that battle uphill...PLEASE don't give up.....you've lost 20 lbs!!! I've only lost 8 lbs and I'm thrilled!! Please keep up the good work....good things are worth waiting for. We're here if you need us!!!!
twinsplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:02 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hey, never use "give" and "up" in the same sentence!!!

I think what you are feeling is typical, especially for those with a significant amount of weight to lose. I am tall also and very overweight... so I can lose 40 pounds or so before anyone really starts to notice. BUT I know it is gone, and you know your 20 pounds is gone! All at once it will start to show and keep getting better from there.

Also, we have to remember we are not just losing weight so others will notice and we will look better... that is a side benefit... but our motivation needs to be that we are doing it because it is the right thing to do!!!

Keep up the good work!!

Dance
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #13  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Quitting now will only put you back to where you started and you'll feel even worse You've got to keep plugging away! Weight loss is a slow process. Some days I feel frustrated but then I look at myself in the mirror and go, "Hey, I look a whole lot better than I did four weeks ago!" and that's only after 13 lbs!! Don't let weight loss preoccupy your mind all the time. Keep yourself busy, and before you know it you won't pay much attention to how much you're losing or not until you look in the mirror one day and think, "Wow, I'm hot!!" <3
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:24 PM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

You are sooooo right! I was doing so well until I had thyroid surgery (large tumor) in July 04 and then my weight skyrocketed back up to and above the highest it has ever been! Talk about discouraging! But now I feel really good even just being back on track and after having lost 12 pounds and knowing I am eating really well. Sure I have a long ways to go but it helps to set smaller goals that are achievable and keep plugging along at it. It was FUN yesterday changing my signature to "second" (from first) ten pound goal.

Dance
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #15  
Get Phlip ready to flip!

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Whenever I've gotten on a workout kick (not on one now- this is a lifestyle change ) it would take months for people to comment on a difference in appearance (and I NEVER noticed it myself- I always find something that I still don't like)... but then there would be an avalanche of comments! And even though I didn't see a difference then, looking at pictures from then tells me that my clothes fit very differently, even though I still wear the same size. Keep it up, I know you can make this change!
swingchick is offline   Reply With Quote