3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Need your support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/77216-need-your-support.html)

happymommy 02-24-2006 07:09 PM

Need your support

Hi there everyone,:wave:

A little intro: I am 26, live in Maricopa Arizona and am a SAHM to 3 kids; 6, 4, and an almost 1year old to whom I am still nursing (thanks WW for the extra 10 points a day for nursing moms!!) I found 3fatchicks a few weeks ago and am so happy I did, you guys on this site are awesome!!

I am in need of some major support! I started WW on Jan.9th at 225 pounds and as of Feb. 20th I am down to 209. I am so happy with my loss, I am fitting into my 14 pants (I was in a 18) and others are starting to notice my loss as well. But here is the problem, I am losing my motivation. I have stopped logging my food, keeping track of my points and not drinking all my water. I was doing so well for the first 4 or 5 weeks and now its getting so hard. I feel like I have hit this wall I can’t seam to pass. Anyone else get to this point so early on in there weight loss? What did you do to get your self on track again?

Thanks so much for your help!!

futuresurferchick 02-24-2006 07:46 PM

Hi happymommy! I think we all deal with this A LOT. This week has been like that for me, where I just don't feel like doing the things I need to do to lose weight. But then I just remind myself---there is no other option. There really is no other alternative for me. Nevermind gaining the weight back (which would be bad enough).. I can't go back to living with that constant feeling of sadness and worthlessness that I had before. Even though my new lifestyle has its drawbacks, it is still SO MUCH better than how I felt before.

So I remind myself of that and then I just try to do what I need to do, even if I don't feel like it.... sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't.... but if I keep on trying I will get there and so will you! :hug:

midwife 02-24-2006 07:50 PM

Do it anyway. ;) I don't mean for that to sound simplistic, but (I so copied this from someone on this forum--I don't remember who it was) action comes before motivation. Motivation is fleeting and we can't control it. We can control action. Control most of what you do....whether you feel like it or not.

:hug:

LLV 02-24-2006 08:44 PM

I agree with midwife - just do it.

It's a motivation you have to find within yourself.

JayEll 02-25-2006 04:40 AM

Yep, sounds familiar. The 5-week slump. Anyone who has more than a few pounds to lose has been there, I imagine. Doesn't matter what the plan is--it just seems like "gosh, will I have to do this forever?" And then the food log gets tiring. And then we stop watching so close. Maybe we get on the scale and haven't gained, so we think, "Oh, it's OK then, I'm still OK."

But it's not true.

You can keep going with your program and losing, or you can pretend that you won't gain the weight back. You know where that is likely to lead . . .

Hang in there! Try something different if necessary--but don't just get lax and give up.

Jay

jelly 02-25-2006 10:07 AM

I agree with everyone here!!! You just gotta get your motivation back. Ask your hubby, babysitter family member to watch the kids and treat yourself to a day out for mommy whatever it may be. And dioning that will make you feel good about yourself and it will make you realize what you had to do to get that feeling. So then you would wanna keep it up. Hope that makes sence:dizzy: Don't give up I know it's gard. I get like that evry week. But I pick myself up and i do it. Good luck to you and stay postive, not just for yourself but also your family:carrot:

lucky 02-25-2006 10:53 AM

Losing weight isn't any different than the other areas of your life - sometimes you do things not because you are motivated but because they are the right thing to do and because doing them will get you to where you want to be. Imagine what the world would be like if we all waited until we were motivated to get things done.

At a minimum, keep logging your food. I've gone days here and there without entering my food into fitday and claimed it was because I wasn't motivated to stick to plan anymore. The truth was that I KNEW I was eating off plan and I didn't want to own up to it. Accountabilty goes a long way towards keeping me on track, not motivated necessarily, but on track. There is nothing quite like a 3000-4000 calorie day to make you think, "What the @#$%@ am I doing? And WHY?" Going off plan every now and then isn't that big a deal but not taking responsibility for those actions will have you back at 225 in no time.

readyfreddy 02-25-2006 01:37 PM

you can so do this! just think about your kids. you OWE it to them to be in the best health you can be! I've read some studies that say even being a bit overweight (ie 20lbs or so) can have negative health reprocussions on longevity. mainly because it increases your risks for cancer, type 2 diabetes, & high blood pressure and thus heart disease.

motivated yet?

you can do this!! and once you take the weight off you will feel so great! you will be one hot mama!

you can do it!