Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2006, 11:35 AM   #1  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Default Diet aids

Is there anyone here that uses any kind of appetite suppressant or anything to help in the battle to lose weight? You hear of so many different things and I was just wondering if anyone has experience with any and if they saw any results.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #2  

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

This is the "Does it Work" part of the forum, where there are lots of discussions about the various products out there.

Personally, I have never used any pills, prescribed or herbal, as I don't think there is enough independent evidence out there that they work, or are safe long term.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/235/125

I've used so many traditional diet pills and have found they make me dizzy, nervous and irritable when I come off of them. I now take green pills along with my daily vitamins. These aren't the kind that are similar to dexatrim or any of those other appetite suppressants; rather, these are just straight green tea in a capsule which cubs my hunger and flushes the water weight right off of me. Try this and let me know if it works
Flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:44 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipsyde
I've used so many traditional diet pills and have found they make me dizzy, nervous and irritable when I come off of them. I now take green pills along with my daily vitamins. These aren't the kind that are similar to dexatrim or any of those other appetite suppressants; rather, these are just straight green tea in a capsule which cubs my hunger and flushes the water weight right off of me. Try this and let me know if it works
Agreed i used to take metabolife, and it made me jittery. That is all i have tried since they said ephedrine is so bad for you
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:15 AM   #5  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

I had the same experience with Metabolife a few years ago, so I don't trust any of those kinds of pills. I just stick with a multivitamin.
TribeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #6  

JMHO, but I think any "diet" pills have a strong potential to be bad for you. I think it needs to be a lifestyle change, and I think the best way is the hard old fashioned way. Over the counter stuff seems potentially dangerous and only a temporary fix.

The only exception would be for those that a doctor has said have a thyroid issue or some other medical issue. In such a case the doctor and the patient should decided if any prescribed and specific pills are needed.

Just my opinion though.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:46 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

yes metabolife made me jittery... and as i said in another post- its not hunger i have a problem with- its emotional eating and eating when not hungryout of boredom... so pills that make me not hungry dont do a whole heck of a lot.

1 a day multi vit does make weight smart now... kind of interested. not a diet pill though.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I have never tried actual DIET pills...I take Green Tea pills from Walmart and Meijer. Helps keep you clean! Although, I also take Biotine and Carbsmart Vitamins. Helps boost my metabolism (the biotine), and the other in my multivitamin.
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:29 PM   #9  

I use to go to Herbal Magic and after paying over 800 dollars just to join I was also putting out 60 dollars a WEEK in herbal pills that I truly didnt believe in. I felt it was the food plan I was on that made me lose the weight. When I stopped going, I continued to lose weight, but just not as quick (but I also have afew little treats sometimes now that i know i dont go there to get weighed in, so what can I expect)! In my experience, I would say NO to diet pills
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #10  

I don't know if this really helps or not, but I take a multi-vitamin that is geared towards weight loss, I think it has green tree extract in it, but I mostly take it because I need a MV. I buy the cheap walmart brand and so far I'm losing weight, but I'm also dieting. I figure it can't hurt.
jodilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #11  

I hope I don't get booted off here but...

I took Stacker 2 with ephedra...and I stopped because they made me hungry! WHAT THE HECK?! They also made me jittery but I have high caffeine tolerance so it didn't last very long.

Then I took prescription phentermine 37.5mg which is supposed to work wonders for appetite suppression but it only made me thirsty and hungry!

Maybe everything makes me hungry...

I also took prescription effexor, supposedly the antidepressant that causes reduced appetite but HEY it made me gain 10 lbs in 6 weeks because I was too mellow to care what I was doing to my body.

I took 5-HTP (from a health food store) which actually helped, I thought, because it made me feel more relaxed. I also read it helped depression. Maybe it was the 2 cups of water I took with the pills but my appetite was cut in half.

Last last summer I took Phase 2 starch blockers...those did NOTHING.

Anyway, hope this helped. I still say the best appetite suppressant is water.
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote