Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2006, 03:00 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default New Diet

I have a link to a diet http://k.1asphost.com/l00pyl00/diet.pdf that I located. It seems unreal that you could actually loose as much as 17lbs in 7 days. I am a bit concerned to start this diet as I do not want to encounter any set backs within my weight loss.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to why the diet is a good one? Plus, do you think I should follow it or not?

But, hey, its open to everyone now - let me know if you do follow it and lose weight.
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

I've seen this on before. The only way you could lose 17lbs in 7 days is in a kind of Biggest Loser scenario- where people have loads and loads to lose and then masively exercise. Not for the majority.

No soup actually burns fat (unfortunately) If you were able to stick to the diet you'd lose initally because of the very low calorie intake. But then you'd go back to eating normally and put most of it back. I've not followed it but have seen my friends do it and not one had sustained weight loss.

If I was you I'd stick to the sensible eating and exercise.
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #3  
LLV

Clareh is right.

The only safe, healthy, happy and sane way to to lose weight is to make permanent changes you can live with for the rest of your life. Eat healthy, get some activity, cut back on calories and portions. It's really not all that difficult. Diets don't work. At least not for the long haul. Believe me, I've been through them all. That's how I ended up weighing over 200 pounds - dieting.

Forget this silly stuff and just start making REAL changes.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I heartily agree with LLV, dieting made me fat. I started "dieting" in high school when I weighed 140 lbs. It started a terrible cycle of restriction, followed by weight gain - I ended up miserable and 190 lbs. Over restriction has terrible long term effects on the metabolism, it sets the body up to regain MORE weight. I ended up hurting myself in the long term for a short term success. I wish I could go back to my 20 year old self and explain how uncomplicated long term weight loss could be - so much pain I could have avoided!!

In my opinion (based on 20 years of "dieting"), any diet you plan to start and then one day stop is doomed to failure.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:11 PM   #5  

If something sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Consider how many people are memebers here at 3fc. We are only a fraction of the overweight people in the world. If there were really a "diet" that we could follow and lose 17 pounds in 7 days and keep it off do you think there would be this many of us?

Weight loss takes a lot of work and even more dedication. But hard work and dedication needn't translate into misery. And, quite frankly, I can't imagine not being miserable on this plan.

And remember, too, that weight loss boils down to calories in vs. calories out. The first day of this plan calls for fruit and soup. If you consume more calories than you burn you will not lose weight - even if all you ate was fruit and soup. On top of that, days 3-6 have the potential to be VERY high calorie. Even if the first few days are kept extremely low in calories it is still going to even out in the end. So, why not just eat reasonably every day instead?
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm with the others -- I've seen diets like this before (isn't this the cabbage soup diet?). I don't think there's anything to back up the claims -- sure you may lose some weight, but what happens after a week? Better off beginning a lifestyle you can live with forever!

One note if you DO try it-- be careful cooking the cabbage -- they can really stink if you overcook them!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote