Did everything right and no weight loss

• Hey everyone,
    I am so frustrated this week!!! AHHHHHHHH I could scream. Anyways I worked out 6 times this week for at least 1 1/2 hours a day and stayed under my weight watchers points for each day. So what happens I went and stepped on the scale at my weigh in on Thursday and I stayed the same. I could've cried! My leader mentioned that it might be because I lost four pounds the week before. Does anyone have any advice or reasoning for me? It just doesn't seem possible to lose nothing when I am doing everything right!!!
    Thanks
  • Your group leader sounds like she knows what she's talking about. Stick with it, weight loss is a slow, gradual, frustrating process. It is long term, not quick fix. There are so many little things that can effect the scale - time of month, drinking a glass of water (water is heavy!) whether or not you've pooped! (seriously, weigh yourself before and after a good trip to the bathroom!). There are WAY too many variables for one week to throw you into a tailspin.

During the 8 months it took me to lose 50 lbs, I had many weeks where the scale didn't move. Sometimes, several weeks in a row. After reaching 140 lbs, I stayed there for nearly 6 months before I lost more weight. 6 months!!! In my experience, it was perfectly normal. Here is a link to my weight loss chart for reference:

http://gloriana.myphotoalbum.com/vie...bum02&id=chart

Just keep doing all the good things you are doing!

Be careful about eating - don't restrict so much you can't meet the caloric needs you are demanding with your workouts. 6 times a week x 1.5 hours a session is a LOT. Probably much more than is necessary. Eating too little can have long term, damaging effects on your metabolism that just make it harder to lose weight. Fuel your workouts and don't starve your body.
  • Since is sounds like you are doing everything right are you measuring yourself? You could be building more muscle, which weighs more than fat and that could explain things. Are you clothes fitting better? I would suggest measuring yourself along with weighing so you can see that you body is changing even if the scale isn't doing so as fast as you would like.
  • I'm having the same problem... It's so frustrating. But I do notice my clothes are falling of me. I have to figure i'm gaining muscle, probably the same with you. Keep up the good work, It will come off.
  • Don't give up. If you've done everything right you will lose weight. Our bodies are complicated machines and don't follow a precise formula when it comes to weight loss. But you can rest assured that it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do - whether your scale says so or not. I know how you feel. It is so frustrating when things don't happen according to plan. But, you know what? I've had plenty of weeks over the last year when I did not eat as well as I should have or exercise as much as I planned and still lost weight. You can bet I didn't complain but it is the exact same thing - my body did not do what I expected it to do. So, relax. Things will even out as long as you keep doing the right things.
  • Seems like you're doing what you need to do. Stick with it!

When I was on WW with a friend of mine, she would lose steadily, every week, small amounts. I, on the other hand, would stay the same one week, or lose very very little, then swoosh, lose quite a bit, then stay the same...and so on. We lost about the same weight overall in the same length of time but she was steady while I was stop and go. Everybody is different.

So, even though it can be frustrating, the results will show up eventually. No worries!