Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #1  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Default Help with amount of calories to eat/burn

I had great help with better things to eat but I have one more question that has been bugging me. Isn't there a formula to calculate how many calories to eat to *maintain* your current weight and from that you subtract 500 calories a day to lose a pound a week? And then you burn 500 calories a week to lose 2 pounds a day with your reduced calorie eating? I've just been counting calories and not staying in the same place and so far I haven't been losing much anymore.. I don't know how much I should be eating so I won't eat too much or won't starve my body *specially* since I want to start exercising again. Any advice? How do most of you guys do it?

Thanks in advance!
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #2  
Meg

We have a Daily Calorie Needs Calculator right here at 3FC.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #3  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

3FC has some excellent calculators here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/diet-calculators.php

No online calculator will be completely exact and you will need to play with your calories for a while before you really know what your body burns but this is a good starting point. Hope that helps!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #4  

Based on the 3FC calculator you need 2539 to maintain your current weight, so you'd lose a pound a week on 2039 calories a day. Aprox. of course. I entered my stats in as well and it comes out nearly exact to another calculator I use and it seems to be working well.
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:38 PM   #5  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Thanks everyone. I had forgotten there was one on the site.. I had it saved to my favorites before I had to restore my computer. I had been eating anywhere between 1100-1700 and knew my body was probably not agreeing with that
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote