You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Morning All .

Today I will eat:-

Breakfast - poached egg on whole grain muffin, tea w/1% milk

Snack - rye crispbread x 2 w/cottage cheese

Lunch - Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich, orange

Snack - half a whole wheat bagel w/peanut butter, apple

Dinner - leftover chilli, brown rice, cabbage or asparagus (undecided on veggies as yet).

Water - 2 liters

Exercise - going to try for some cardio tonight, minimum 30 mins going to push for 45 mins on the treadmill

Have a great day everyone!
  • Sounds great!

So far today I've done 30 minutes of stretching, and some free weights and ab work, and 25 minutes of low-impact aerobics. For food, I've had a serving of Kashi Go Lean! Cereal with skim milk.

I've planned the rest of the day as:

- 1 small apple with 1 tbsp peanut butter for morning snack
    - cabbage and tuna for lunch
    - baby carrots, celery sticks and 2 tbsp salad dressing for afternoon snack
    - pork tenderloin, 1 roll (King's Hawaiian-YUM), and some stir-fry veggies
    - not sure what I'll have for an evening snack, but I may make some sugar-free pudding later.
    - I also want to do 20 minutes of stretching later today, and some more floor work (crunches, leg raises, etc) and that will be good for my exercise routine today.
  • I have a 3 mile run planned for this afternoon; with crunches

Breakfast: oatmeal with cinnamon; banana
    For snacking at work today, I brought: 100 cal pack; pear; jello
    I brought leftover parmesean chicky; asparagus and literally about 1/3 cup of garlic potatoes

Dinner will be more chicky parmesean, not sure what else.
  • Junebug, chicky parmesan and garlic potatoes sound awesome! Do you have a recipe and if so, would you mind posting?
  • today

B- 2 fried eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 ounces oj (with multi vitamin)
    L- Lean Crusine Panini sandwich
    S- Apple
    Post workout- bannana
    Dinner- not sure yet. May go by subway for a sub, or may just have a bowl of cereal.
  • Ok I am a day behine...lol
    B-all bran
    s-snack bar
    L-chicken noddle soup
    s-snack bar
    D-not sure

I am drinking lots of water...I did about 40min on weights and workout and I will do that again today I am trying to get back in the hang of working out again. I have not been doing as much as I need lately I have been so buzy at work I have not had the time to do it..So thats my goal for this week to do it every day and do more of it...

Maybe now I have the right day...lol
  • I have an off topic question if you guys don't mind...

I notice a bunch of you have "mini goals". I think that's incredibly helpful because it helps you not focus on the "big picture" which can be overwhelming. But my question is, how did you decide the time frame and the amount of weight to have as a goal? I'd like to do come up with a mini goal plan but I'm not sure what to base it on.
  • When I set my mini goal the main thing in my mind was making it realistic. I look at how I have been losing; how many lbs a week and how fast/slow I had been losing. I usually set my time frame first, a month or two if I am looking to lose a fair bit of weight. This last goal I set as 5lbs before Marth 11th, as I'd been losing very very slowly and didn't know if I could do it.

I'll be setting another goal soon, I'm so close to 180lbs and we have a rock concert to go to on the 28th March, so maybe I will set my goal for being 180lbs in time for the concert.

Bottom line for me is: be realistic. Setting a goal of losing 10 lbs a month is certainly possible but a tough target to make (for me, anyway). A goal of 5lbs lost in a month is more reasonable.

Basically look at how your body has done in the past, how hard you are training, how well you are eating and how much effort you are putting into your plan. Learn from your progress.
  • The real goal for me has been takeing it one day at a time. I may not make my Apirl 1st goal but I am still working on it every day.
  • Happy Wednesday to everyone! Today so far...

B: 1 slice sprouted bread w/ 1 piece of laughing cow light cheese, 1 sm plum
    S: 6oz low cal/low carb yogurt
    L: 9oz lean cuisine chicken fed. pasta
    S: carrots and low cal hummus
    D: 5 oz salmon fillet w/ steemed aspargus and cooked barley
    S: surgar, fat free jello pudding w/ fresh berries

Workout: 60 min of cardio kickboxing class at the gym
  • Suddenly I want a plum. Yogachick30? do you make your own hummus?
  • not this time susan. I buy this awseome brand (of course I forget the name of it), it has only 20cal per 2T and .5 grams of fat. It comes in a variety of flavors. It has like this Greecian woman on the top holding a bunch of wheat. It is fantastic! If you have Wild Oats store or maybe Wholefoods may carry the brand. Ok- this is going to drive me crazy that I can't remember the name!!!!!
  • Another Subway day, since I was out all day, working on my photography in the park.

B, 1/2 C cottage cheese
    L, turkey/ham on WW with honey mustard 12" with ALL the veggies (god, I was stuffed, lol)
    D, Salmon, spinach dinner I was supposed to have last night.

Susan, I make my own hummus and guacamole (to insure the ingrediants are just what I want) and its sooo easy. Let me know if you'd like the recipes. Yummy!

Soccergirl, I set my goal 15 pounds in two months. Not too crazy, I think. 1-2 pound loss a week is reasonable for anyone.
  • Yup Zoe, I'd like the recipe for hummus, thanks.
  • I did 20mins of weights and jumped rope for as long as I could...lol It was not that long...lol I will try for a little longer tomorrow night..