Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-09-2006, 01:48 PM   #16  

I, too, would love to become a runner. Actually, one of my recurring dreams is where I'm running long distances and actually enjoying it and it feels easy. This must be my mind and body telling me something!

I think you definitely want to build up your distances slow. When I've run in the past, I've increased my distance too quickly and it just felt too difficult. Then I'd get discouraged at how hard it was and find reasons not to go. Building slowly and steadily will make it manageable and tough, but not TOO tough.

Good luck!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

well, i got inspired and decided to start jogging...i don't even want to call it running.

anyways, i started yesterday jogging half of a 1/4 of a tenth mile every tenth of amile. does that make sense to ya'll??? our parking lot if one tenth of a mile around and it is sort of like a square. so i started out just jogging from one corner to the next on the back strip of the lot. anyways, so today i increased that distance. i actually ran half of a tenth mile. so, i would start out walking on the front and side and when i got to the back i would jog it and job around on the other side until i reached the front again. so, all in all, i got about 4/10 of a mile in jogging today and 6/10 of a mile in walking. now after doing that and starting with my weight trainning on my thighs last night at the gym, my legs are definately sore and tired. but "I" feel good knowing I am doing what i can to get in shape. So i feel good about my self today. i like working out. afterwards, i always feel good about myself for doing something good for me.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:42 AM   #18  

thats great lumifan!! i have a visitor this weekend, so I am going to start next week. I am excited. I do think I need new running shoes though. I have really thin feet and me heel bone sticks out. so a lot of times my heel bone rubs through the back of my shoes and into the plastic which hurts and gives me blisters. :-( maybe i just need a bigger size? i will try and go to a footlocker or soemthing. i also think i need some new sports bra. because i am curvy i feel like i am always bouncing all over the place and i feel self conscious! haha sorry iff too much informaiton. If i make a list then i feel like i have things under control. ANyways- monday run here i come! it will be after a long day so i dont have tons of expectations. I am just going to run untill i run out of steam and then do walk run intervals.

thanks all for the advice!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #19  

woohoo. i went on a run today! (well a walk, jog, wheeze session). but hey, i got out and about and i did some jogging. tomorrow is going to be a really busy day but im going to try to do it wed too!!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote