Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Does anyone else ever feel...

just not pretty?

And I'm not talking about weight. I don't know if just the area I'm in gives me a skewed view, but I really feel below par compared with the other females my age. They're all these pretty, big boobed girls with giant blue eyes, blonde hair, and porcelain skin. Needless to say, I have none of that.

It's also making me a little worried for when I lose weight (I guess that's a good sign at least, I said *when*, not *if*). Say I lose all this weight and I'm still not pretty. Still just Plain Jane err.. Stacy.

Sorry for the bring-me-down subject, I was just wondering if anyone else ever feels like this?
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:28 PM   #2  

I think you're gorgeous!
Peppahmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

People tell me I'm very pretty, but I don't feel pretty at all. I really don't believe people when they tell me I'm pretty. I often feel ugly, awkward and stupid. But you know what, I think a lot of women feel this way, even the pretty ones.

Quote:
They're all these pretty, big boobed girls with giant blue eyes, blonde hair, and porcelain skin.
Now you know that's not true!!
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #4  
Finding Me

I have day where i look in the mirror and think "hmmm im looking pretty good today" and i have A LOT more days where i AVOID the mirror all togather and think im just flat out U G L Y ... i think its way normal, whatever "normal" is! lol And besides... i think its the little "flaws" ....the things we may not like about ourselves....thoes are the things that set us apart and make us special. Who cares if you arn't cookie-cutter pretty....you are stacey pretty! All thoes blonde hair blue eyed girls that look alike....all just start to become a blur.

-Christina
Lost_here84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #5  
runner in training

Losing weight would make us really more confident so if you know you're beautiful, it would really shine through and people would notice your beauty and that's what really matters.
runnertobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #6  
Get Phlip ready to flip!

S/C/G: 165/155/135

Height: 5'6"

I know exactly how you feel, only for me, it's people with gorgeous brown hair, skinny waists and well-defined butts! I know that when I lose weight (I did last spring and put it back on) I still envy them! But there are also other body parts that I love (like cheekbones, and shoulders!), and looking at your picture, you are beautiful now, and will be when you loose the weight too!
swingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #7  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylambert
just not pretty?
They're all these pretty, big boobed girls with giant blue eyes, blonde hair, and porcelain skin.
Oh my! That's me! (Okay, maybe my eyes aren't giant... ). My chest grew with my weight, I suspect it will shrink as I lose it and that in order to have a somewhat defined waist I will not have "big" boobs anymore. Porcelain skin for me means freckles, redness, and ghastly pale. And being blonde? Sometimes I wish I wasn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_here84
All thoes blonde hair blue eyed girls that look alike....all just start to become a blur.
They say only 3/20 blondes on the street are actually natural blondes. I know some people like blondes, but truly I'm a bit tired of not being taken seriously, and blending in with the rest of the hard (at least on the hair level). Being "pretty" is I think a relative term. I know for a fact my fiance prefers brunettes, and it dismays me a little at times. Not that he loves me any less, but I sometimes wish I could change it as I don't care that much about my hair color. I have tried to dye...but it came out red!

Anyways, I do think a lot about feeling pretty. I avoid looking at my face, I think I have terrible skin and an unnattractive face. I've never been told I am "pretty." I hope when I am closer to goal, and feel better about the rest of my body (I already do feel a little better) that at least I can try to appreciate that and just not worry about my face which I have never liked. I suppose no one likes their own face...but really. Beauty is very relative, and I sometimes think in the same way I've never been completely satisfied with my face OR with my body, that it's a lot of mentally accepting myself rather than the way people really see me.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #8  

There's this girl I see everyday on the bus to work and she's just GORGEOUS. Platinum blonde, perfect hair (and you can tell it's natural), creamy skin and just really good features. And she's always got really cute clothes! I sometimes think how easy her life must be and how I wouldn't be afraid to talk to ANY boy if I looked like her. But you know, I'm sure she's got her trials and tribulations and she's not ME. As much as I'd like to be the thin Ann, I know the fat Ann still has a lot going for her and I need to at least TRY to be proud of myself.

But Stacy, I totally know what you mean. I see all these really beautiful women in my city and think, "How can I compete with them?" But for the record, I think you look great and who knows, there might be a girl on your bus wishing she looked like YOU!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #9  

Here's the sad truth. We're headed for the great equalizer and that is age and death. My point is that looks are fleeting. There have been a lot of big-boobed blonde women that left absolutely zero mark on the world because looks skated them through life until they were old and wrinkly and then they were ultimately forgotten because they never bothered to develop anything beyond what was given them naturally. There have been a lot of relatively plain women who have gone on to leave an enormous impact on society because they accomplished something amazing.

Florence Nightingale was a normal looking woman. She accomplished great things. Mother Theresa was rather homely. She accomplished great things. Laura Ingalls Wilder was plain. She enriched the lives of millions of children. Anne Bronte, the list goes on.

Marilyn Monroe was a big-boobed blonde. She died in her bed alone, unhappy and was ultimately known only for her looks. I think she died because she never developed the "real" her. She obsessed on looks and people only wanted her and loved on that basis. How sad.

Anna Nicole Smith. A big-boobed blonde who is so very pathetic I can feel nothing but pity for her. Pamela Anderson, and the list goes on.

And then there are big-boobed blondes who actually go on to impact society positively and develop themselves beyond their looks. My point is this, looks are nice if you have them. But they take nothing to develop. They are free and they often carry baggage as well. We need to remember that our impact in this world isn't connected to something as fleeting as looks.

I am all for losing weight and being healthy. I am even for looking good. But let's keep looks in perspective.

And I think you are beautiful. You remind me of some actress, but I can't recall her name right now.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #10  

I know what you mean. Even when I lose the weight I have to lose, I'm not ever going to be "pixie-ish". I'm never going to be delicate, I'm never going to be girlish, I'm never going to be the pretty that we're all told we're supposed to be. I'm just not made that way. I have heavy, dense, large bones. I have my father's genes, and people who don't know any of us look at my mom, my dad, and me together and say "Um...you're HIS daughter, right?" :roll:

So what am I going to be? I'm going to be (I am already) strong and fit. I'm going to be very sensual. I'm going to wear rich colors and rich fabrics that want to be touched. I'm going to be the contrast of pale skin with dark hair. I'm going to be surprisingly green eyes set in a face of near-perfect skin. I'm going to be beautiful, in a sumptuous, seductive way.

Find your own beauty, and celebrate that. If you're not the 'beautiful' that's on the covers of magazines, be a beautiful that is unforgettable.
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #11  

I loved the movie Shallow Hal. That is what I see when I look at people. Someone could be "drop dead gorgeous" to society and if they are flat out conceited, mean, rude, etc.. all I see is UGLY. The opposite is true too. I have known people who would be considered to be anywhere from plain to not-so-attractive, yet the inner beauty shines through. Those are the people I want to be around!!!
pumpingiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:12 PM   #12  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylambert
just not pretty?
I've felt that way all my life, even though I've always been told I'm a "beautiful girl". I have this stupid auburn/chestnut-colored hair that everyone I've always run into has raved about. Friends, family and even strangers. I've had women come up to me on the street and ask me what "color" I use and I have to tell them that my hair didn't come from a box, I was born with it. My hair has always been long and thick, which makes the "raves" even heavier. But sadly I've always hated it. I even bleached it blonde and kept it that way for a few years before I decided to let it go back to its natural color. Plus my eyes are the same color as my hair. Just recently a cashier at a convenience store peered at me and said, "Oh my God, is that the real color of your eyes?"

lol

I'm a 'redhead' but I don't have many freckles. So I have that "porcelain" skin you were talking about, but I hardly think it's attractive. I've always been envious of my sister, she's absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. A natural blonde that's always had the ability to tan very nicely, so I was always jealous that she could tan and I couldn't
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #13  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpingiron
I loved the movie Shallow Hal. That is what I see when I look at people. Someone could be "drop dead gorgeous" to society and if they are flat out conceited, mean, rude, etc..
Funny you say that, I just posted about my sister who *IS* drop-dead gorgeous and, as much as I hate to say it, she's a serious b****. She's never dated a man that didn't have money. In fact she's married to one of the head cheeses for the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, lol.

She's always had men falling at her feet since freakin middle school. But, unfortunately, she's a bit on the conceited side. Also, she was so obsessed with her looks, that she was bulimic for some time.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Have you ever noticed that every girl with straight hair has curlers, and every girl with curly hair has a straightener? It's very sad that people can't just be happy with themselves, but it's a fact of life. I think pretty is far more just *feeling* good than looking it; those little blonde girls with big boobs and blue eyes have outrageous confidence. If you send out the vibe that you're worth it, others will automatically think you are.

One of these nights you should paint your toenails, exfoliate, take a long bubble bath and go to bed in clean sheets. Make sure you can sleep in, and when you wake up put on an outfit that makes you feel fabulous and do your hair. Even if you don't go anywhere and nobody sees you, you can't help but feel pretty!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #15  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegdaeien

One of these nights you should paint your toenails, exfoliate, take a long bubble bath and go to bed in clean sheets. Make sure you can sleep in, and when you wake up put on an outfit that makes you feel fabulous and do your hair. Even if you don't go anywhere and nobody sees you, you can't help but feel pretty!
What an excellent idea