Best Scale?

• I'm looking for recommendations on what type of scale to buy... I have a digital one now, and we've had it for a few years. I don't know if our floors are just wonky, or if the callibration is off now, but I don't trust the readouts anymore. I can step off and on several times in a row and often get differing numbers. I plan to go shopping for one this weekend, and would like to go armed with some good word of mouth advice.
  • I have a digital and non-digital ....my digital also puts out different numbers...its weird how I can go up 1 pound in a matter of a second..lol...that is why I have both, I double check the non-digital and frankly it's always more accruate to me.....
  • That's a good idea Alaynna, I think I need to get a regular scale too, to back-up my digital.

I saw some really ellaborate scales in wal-mart. Some calculate body fat, water, and all kinds of stuff. Maybe you should check there, in the home decor section.
  • Quote: That's a good idea Alaynna, I think I need to get a regular scale too, to back-up my digital.

I saw some really ellaborate scales in wal-mart. Some calculate body fat, water, and all kinds of stuff. Maybe you should check there, in the home decor section.
    Yeah that is where I got my digital...I first bought one of the expensive ones from walmart, it was suppose to measure my body fat and water intake...but the scale was way off and the numbers were jumping around too much, so I took it back....then I bought a regular digital scale for about 25 bucks from walmart also and its better because it does have the decimal...but I also have the regular non digital scale under the sink just in case to double check.

You know if you find a scale on the internet you can search on amazon.com and there will probably be some comments from customers...that is how I found out that the first scale I had was not an accurate scale.
  • I have a fairly expensive Tanita scale that I got because I needed something that would go over 350. For what I paid I would think it would be very accurate, but I have the same problem that if I move it at all if comes up with a different number every time. I really need to find somewhere to put it and leave it, but there is no room on my bathroom floor and most of the rest of our apartment is carpeted. So just because you spend more doesn't necessarily mean the scale will be more accurate.
  • My scale is nick named Behemouth. He's right smack dab in our dining room where I can see him from our kitchen. He's a tall, white doctors scale I bought offline. It's very precise, but not for everybody. Leave it to us to buy the biggest scale in the world and leave it in the dining room. :-)

• I have this one, and I really like it. It's pretty basic, but it does the job.

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp...amily#product_
  • health o meter
    I have a Health o meter digital scale and I am pretty happy with it. I can save my starting weight on it and have it record my weight every week and it will tell me how much weight I lost/gain every week.

So far my digital scale has matched up with my doctors office scale.

I had bought my scale from Target 3 years ago.
  • Hmmmmmmm it's like asking what's the best type of venomous snake LOL. I hate scales and I use one at my gym. I am not convinced of its accuracy, and I shout at it, and the best thing about it is it's by the window, and our gym over looks a very deep inland waterway, it's bound to end up in it someday!!!

I have kind have thought about getting a scale when I get to goal so I can monitor my weight more regularly, but at the moment, it would just be counter productive for me to have one of the evil things in my house, but thanks for the tips everyone!!! I'll definitely get both a normal and a digital now for my goal present!
  • if you dont mind a small investment, consider buying a tanita body fat scale.
  • Wait... I don't think I understand. Since some of you are using a regular analog scale to 'back up' the digital... why do you even have the digital? Forget about using it at all now, or just skip buying it in the first place!!
  • In all honesty, I think the only truly accurate scales are the great big "balance beam" type -- sounds like that's what yoyonomore has in her diningroom. Unfortunately, most of us don't have (or aren't willing) to devote that much space to a scale.

I have an electronic, digital scale that does all the same tricks as everyone else is mentioning. It lives neatly in my bathroom and you just have to try to avoid moving it. I also have a Seco scale (the smaller, non-balance-beam scale you see in a lot of medical offices) that usually lives under the bathroom sink because it is simply too big and bulky.

Whatever scale you decide on, stick with it. The worst thing you can do is to keep switching scales. They all have their own personalities. So, unless there are really obvious and major flaws, try to love the one you've got.

Have a great day.
  • Quote: Wait... I don't think I understand. Since some of you are using a regular analog scale to 'back up' the digital... why do you even have the digital? Forget about using it at all now, or just skip buying it in the first place!!

The only reason why I have the analog scale and a digital scale is because I have had the analog scale for years now...And when I decided to lose weight this year I decided to get the digital scale...but hey if you had two scales wouldn't you check both of them to see what it said?