Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2006, 08:26 AM   #16  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

iam 5,1 and 166 now. took me a month But I went to Curves 3 times a week and worked out like an idiot lol...... I really watch what I eat, and that seams to be working so far BUT I will start the shake also. And our curves will start a Nutrition /Diet class also and I am going to that.
Don't freak.
1. You don't have that much to lose, so you can relax a little there.
**** Please dont write that, 30lbs to us is a LOT too loose.

I know I am 5,2 and trying to loose 35 lbs !! 35 lbs to me is a HUGE. !!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 174/160/148

Hi Clareh,

Well according to this new scale my boyfriend bought for me a few days ago, I am horrified as well....39% Body fat....I'm unsure how accurate this thing is though...You have to damp your feet before you step on it and it sends some sort of shock wave through your foot...

Good news though...I got on it this morning, and to my surprise, was down to 173.8 (from 174.6) ....Maybe the weight loss will start kicking in now.....

It's only been 4 weeks....This is alot harder than I would have ever imagined...

I give credit for all the ladies here who can and have been able to lose weight....

Congrats on your weight loss Clareh....Keep it up!
Randee1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #18  

My Dr. says it takes at least 6 weeks for your metabolism to adjust, so HANG in there.

Are you exercising?

Are you eating enough fat and protein? When your body thinks it's starving, it hangs on HARD to the stores (fat) it already has.
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hmmm....after reading what you are planning to eat today, it looks like you need more calories. Maybe around 1600? Try some small, frequent meals all day long. Don't put too much emphasis on the new scale. Also, do you notice anything at all, like your clothes being looser? If you are doing intense toning, you may be adding muscle mass. I agree with all the ladies who suggest giving it more time. And since your mom has a thyroid problem, definitely have it checked regardless. At least you could rule that out right at the start if it's not your thyroid. If it is your thyroid, then all the dieting and excersise will be ineffective anyway. So, I would start there if I were you.
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote