Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2006, 01:28 PM   #31  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I think one of the greatest things about 3FC is the fact that everyone using the forum has been in or is in the same situation. People that have been there give advice support and tells us what has worked for them, whereas people that are currently there can ask questions and get responces that make sense.

Im so glad I discovered this website (it was purely accidental), it has helped me loads.
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #32  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for this thread Susan, this is great!

I like that there are so many different kinds of people here, and everyone is so accepting. People are here of all different weights, at all different parts of the journey, with so many different goals. There are people who are just learning, and so many more who you can learn from! These forums make me feel better when I am failing (someone is always posting what I'm thinking, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a thread about me) and when I think I'm doing really good I get a new idea and think, hey, I can do better!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:51 PM   #33  
Ilene the Bean

2F, I've got goose-bumps from reading your post ... This place does the same for me too...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

humbly bumping.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I came to 3FC about 4 days after starting again...another diet, another day, right? I was hoping for some recipes, and to be able to ask questions....but everyone is so motivating, and even though, I've only lost 40 pounds, I know that I couldn't do it without this site. The accountability, the people, everything is just so wonderful....this is the first site I check in the morning, and the last thing I check before I go to bed (if I'm online). It's become a big part of my life, and always will be.
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:34 AM   #36  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Please pass the kleenex....

I just came here looking for recipes....I hadn't even checked out a forum ever before. And what a forum it is!!
Ya gotta love the sense of family in this place. Whodathunk the internet could support such a beautiful thing? Everyone is so giving of themselves - and where else can you go where someone else just posted exactly what you were about to say? A big thank you to MrsJim, Meg, Mel, and the other moderators - you provide untold amounts of inspiration and information.

I have a lot of special friends here - y'all know who you are, Jillian's Girls and my Biker Chick posse, and the beautiful ladies in calorie counters SusanB!! Thanks for everything.

And how the heck did I miss this thread before ???
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:54 AM   #37  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

When I first found this site I was totally frustrated with myself, my weight, and my life. I knew I needed to lose weight but had no motivation so I went online looking for some. I did a google on "weight loss success stories" and I found this site. When I saw what kind of place it was I was immediately drawn to it: real women who were also trying to lose weight and women who had already done it and maintaining. Then the day that changed my entire view of weight loss and healthy living. I saw the posts that Meg just linked to from funniegrrl. I suddenly understood why I was never successful at weight loss and everything became clear as day to me. Has it been easy? No. Have I still had slips and falls along the way? **** yes. But I was able to dust myself and get back to it a lot sooner because I knew I couldn't sit around waiting for motivation to show up again.

I really and truly appreciate this site and everything that it has to offer. I love the accountabiltiy, the words of wisdom, the support, the laughs and the tears. Thank you ladies...
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:40 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ah, the tears! I was crying again this morning over June's post about her friend. Where else can you go at 2 am and know someone cares enough to pray for you. It's so much more than weight loss.
It really is community, yes?

Did anyone else have a light-bulb moment over Meg's links about motivation?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote