Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #16  
Running Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell

I guess my doctor was right--I'm older and it is harder to lose.
welcome to my world...however i had the additional stress of thyroid issues and it taking 2 doctors and months of adjusting my meds before it all came off again.

i keep telling all my younger friends..you just wait..i know they dont believe me. plus some of them are heavy(ish) now, and i was like, lose it now, or else it will just keep getting harder and harder.

glad you are taking care of YOU!
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well, I've kept with it for over a week, and still no change in weight. I've been closely monitoring my food and exercise and have kept a record at fitday.com. (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...ner=alinnell1). I still don't get the problem.
Any new suggestions?
Thanks!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #18  
Feeling the burn

Stick with it! I tend to lose 3-4 pounds, then stay the same for a bit, then drop 3-4 lbs...then nothing etc. I stayed the same for about 5 weeks and just lost 3-4 pounds in the past 8 days. I think your body is just adjusting itself.

Perhaps you could change up your routine a bit? Try more intense workout with shorter periods, or intervals of light jog/walking and then days when you just walk. Change up your calorie intake, less one day, more the other. See what that does.

Oddly enough, I often lose weight after a rest day. My BF hurt his back last week and couldn't work out for 3-4 days and was worried he would gain weight laying around all day...and he lost more weight than when he was training! lol I was like...you *******! heehee. Now, don't go spend a week in bed! LOL But maybe a day of rest, and a treat meal or something would help.

Whatever you do, don't give up. Stopping now won't help you achieve your goal and watching what you eat and exercising is good for you, no matter what!

It takes a bit of trial and error to get out of a plateau but you'll get through it. Make sure you also eat some good fat (nuts, olive oil and such), and as others said, protein. And if you can, add some weight training! It did wonders for me and even though the scale wasn't moving for a while, my shape has definitely changed.

You're living a healthy lifestyle. So stick with it and don't pay too much attention to those numbers on the scale. Even thin people who eat bad and don't exercise can be really out of shape and unhealthy. Weight is not the only factor.

Keep it up! and good luck on your journey!
Fit_Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Allison? Your fitday link doesn't work for me. It's says there's no used by that name. I'd really love to have a look.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #20  

Okay, maybe my plateau is finally over! Almost 2 1/2 weeks of 166.6 to 167 and finally my scale read 165 this morning! Today is an "off" day for exercise, so as long as I watch my food, all should be good.
As for my fit day, I clicked and it didn't work either. I copied and pasted and it looks like it didn't all paste, so here it is typed out:
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=alinnell1
Thanks for the support and advice!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:05 PM   #21  

Allison? try adding the link in your signature. I still can't make it work.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #22  

So bizarre.....When I type out the web address, something keeps compressing it. See the "..." within the address? It's supposed to read PublicJournal.html?Owner=alinnell1
I tried to add it to my signature, and it did the same thing. (Maybe it has something to do with the 3fatchicks move to a new server?) Anyway, try to type in the whold address yourself and see if you can reach it. I don't know why it isn't working right.
Thanks
Old 02-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #23  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

The link is working for me....when I click on your second link your fitday comes up
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #24  

I think that some really valuable info could turn up in this thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ighlight=clean

And I'll try again. Actually, I went to my own fitday and got an error page just a few minutes ago.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #25  

Ok I've got it. Is your food for yesterday all in there yet?
Old 02-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #26  

Yep, all the food is in there.
Allison
Old 02-02-2006, 01:55 PM   #27  

Ok. Did you have a look at that thread about clean foods?
Try setting your lifestyle level lower and just adding vigorous activity like exercise.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #28  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I also notice, you're not eating very much. I'm not one of the people who believes in the whole "starvation" thing slowing weight loss, but you should eat what you know you can stick with and if you're frustrated and feeling like you've been working too hard, maybe it's the 800-1000 calories? Food choices look generally good to me. Food choices are I think something you have to work on over time, and what you're eating now looks good to me. Your protein seems generally low, partly as a result I think of not eating very much. Are there times of day you are especially hungry? Maybe try adding a protein shake or something that will beef up your protein without a lot of extra calories. It will help you feel more full, and help you to lose fat instead of muscle, which will in turn keep your metabolism high. I agree with the others on cutting out the alcohol too...it could be one of the reasons weight loss seems "slow" to you, I think alcohol can cause you to retain water, and drinking 200 calories in alcohol when you've only had 600 calories in other food that day just can't be good for your health Other than that I think you are off to a great start, and now the key is just to stick with it and continue to make small changes so that you know you can really stick with the program. This will be your new lifestyle, not a fast-working diet.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #29  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Try increasing to 1200 calories. If you aren't eating enough, your body will hang onto what it's got for dear life. Don't increase fats or refined carbs, and don't add more wine, alas. Have protein snacks, add more complex carbs. Just try it for a week or two and see how that goes.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #30  
Going to ONEderland

carbohydrates defeat me. I've noticed that I can eat very little, but if what I'm eating is mostly carbohydrates I won't lose weight. I can eat quite a bit, but if what I'm eating is mostly protein and vegetables, then I lose rapidly.

There are reasons for that. Carbohydrates get stored as fat much more quickly than do protein foods. By reducing my carbs, I manage to keep my insulin levels more stable, and I manage to drop weight. I'm sure that calories still count, but I really believe for me at least that WHAT I eat is as important as how much. I didn't check out your fit day account, so I have no idea what you eat, but if it is higher in carbs, you might try reducing those while keeping your protein levels higher.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote