Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-20-2006, 11:39 AM   #16  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBrit
I hear you on that.......I went to fit day and set myself up and added sleep...O calories burned.....so whats up???
Because when you sleep, your body burns fewer calories than when you're awake, so your calories burned for the day will actually go DOWN when you add sleep, which I think is more accurate. Some say that sleep is already figured into the calculation, but I don't think it is since the number of calories burned always seems high for a LOT of people.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #17  

You guys are all awesome!!! Thanks a million!!! Looks like I should be consuming a max of 1700 Calories a day......Does that sound right to you all??
Also what exercises did everyone start out with and how long did you do them for??? Thanks for helping me out!
AZBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:48 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

1700 calories sounds fine. Exercise ... I used to hate that word! Just try to add more activity for starters and do the things you usually do with more vigor

Can you make a link to your fitday and then we can discuss it in detail .... if you'd like.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #19  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBrit
Also what exercises did everyone start out with and how long did you do them for???
Completely depends on YOU! Some people can't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded when they first start, so walking on a treadmill for 10 minutes at a time is an awesome first step. However, you have people like me who have been up over 300 pounds, yet I still run around with a 6-year old, wrestle with my boyfriend, play with a hyper dog...so I started out with 30 minutes on the elliptical at an increased level. Everyone has a different starting point.

My suggestion is walking and/or running. I can't run to save my life, but I can walk miiiiles without getting tired. It doesn't take any equipment other than a pair of sneakers, and you can always increase the intensity by increasing your speed or finding hills to walk up...the best exercise I can think of, really. I should do it more often
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #20  

Thanks Jilly thats great advice!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 12:28 PM   #21  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

hey If you are like me and a soda freak(hello my name is Leigh and its been 4m sence my last real Mountain Dew) you may want to try Crystal light it good and they have alot of different flav...I like Grape
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #22  

Hey Leigh.... Yeah I drink Diet soda but no regular ones....I bought some of the Crystal light yesterday and I will use it to get my water in.....I am a normal a couple waters a day but sounds like 4 or 5 bottles is neccesary.....
Old 01-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #23  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

ohhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaa drink tons of the stuff myself...lol
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote